Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to put 20x40 lean to off side of my pole barn. I want the back enclosed and half of the 40 foot side. Just seeing if anyone has done this and around what it cost. Called lumber yard and looks like it be around 3000 in materials but don’t don’t about man hours?

· Jenny's Lackey
47,891 Posts
We done a 40' x12' on one end of our shop. We didn't enclose any of it. It's been a few years, but if memory serves me right, it was around $1700 installed. Amish done the work, lumber yard supplied materials.

· Jenny's Lackey
47,891 Posts
Ok thanks for your help I'm guessing I'm going to have at least 4000 in it. Guessing material also has gone up since you added yours.
I would imagine it has, but I'm not sure it's gone up that much. We're getting ready to put up a 30x60 with 12' sidewalls. Materials & labor is $20k. 10x12' garage door, 2 walkout doors & 9 windows. Concrete extra.

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would imagine it has, but I'm not sure it's gone up that much. We're getting ready to put up a 30x60 with 12' sidewalls. Materials & labor is $20k. 10x12' garage door, 2 walkout doors & 9 windows. Concrete extra.
Yea. I called around to every local lumber yard and the cheapest I found was 1200 in wood and 1500 in tin. It's going to be 14 foot on one end then going to be 10ft on the other so I need 5 6x6 treated post 14 ft. I threw another 300 in for quickret and misc.

· Registered
6,682 Posts
True have you had a negative experience with Amish builders?
I've been in several polebarns that were put up by Amish and everyone of them have been top notch in quality and workmanship.
I haven't heard any complaints from from folks that had them built by the Amish either. I do know they have this nasty habit of showing up when they say they will be there and actually doing what they were contracted to do (something many contractors in NE Mo. have a problem doing).

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree 100% but there are situations when guys don't have the time or manpower to tackle big jobs. Some guys aren't retired like you and I and have jobs they have to show up to and are really pressed for time.
Yea I'd love to do it myself but I work a lotta of overtime and try to spend my free time doing things I enjoy.

· Banned
7,215 Posts
True have you had a negative experience with Amish builders?
I've been in several polebarns that were put up by Amish and everyone of them have been top notch in quality and workmanship.
I haven't heard any complaints from from folks that had them built by the Amish either. I do know they have this nasty habit of showing up when they say they will be there and actually doing what they were contracted to do (something many contractors in NE Mo. have a problem doing).
Democrats just don't like anyone who doesn't worship at the alter of Karl Marx.
Forehead Nose Smile Chin Eyebrow

· Jenny's Lackey
47,891 Posts
Nothing against the Amish or anyone else . I just find it funny a guy that talks about skill set and get up off your butt and work . Has to hire out a simple lean on a barn .
I don't know if you're referencing me or wingman, but You're lack of knowledge of running a business is showing again.

I hire a lot of things done that's not in my wheel house because I can make better money in what I'm skilled at than doing it myself even things I know how to do. Yes, I have the skillset to build a pole barn, but there's no way I can do it for anywhere near the cost I will pay them to do it in. Even if could there's no way I could do it in the same time frame they will do it in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.