leaker got nothin'

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by leaker19, Apr 24, 2006.

1. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    I had a great day in the field though, saw three early, but they boogied elsewhere.

I don't get out for the turks often. I went with my assistant's husband, he really made the day possible. Special thanks to TG! I forgot my Poor Valley slate call, I realy wanted to scratch up a storm on that, even though I play it terribly!

TG said his uncle went hunting 47 times before he got his first turk, only 44 more to go!

Good luck all!

leaker

2. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Leaker, you keep after 'em. It will happen.;)

Jack

3. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i believe hayzer mentioned it in a different post, patience is the key. keep at it and everything will come together and fall into place and when it does you won't be able to wipe the :D off your face. good luck.

4. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Yep, that's right....Patience kills more birds than luck.

5. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Well worth the time and effort. Keep after them............:cheers:

6. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    I'm not down, I had a really good time. I went places in a wheelchair I've never been before. Up hills, down hills, in and out of deep water holes, through timber to a pretty sweet blind made by TG. It was a V made of dead timber stacked up under a maple tree with over hanging branches, great natural concealment. The turkeys would have been hard pressed to see us. A great day, trying again on Friday.

leaker

7. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    Any day in the outdoors is a great day. Good luck on Friday!

8. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri
    Yep, patience and persistence will get you further than all the skills in the world. I'm not the greatest turkey or deer hunter but I usually have pretty good success every season because I spend every single minute I can out there in the woods. Dont worry too much about your sound either. Some of the worse hen sounds I have heard have come from real hens. Good luck Leaker!

9. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    two of the best words.... :wave:

10. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I'd add determination.. but we know you have that part licked Leaker!

GL on Friday!

11. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    I finally ended my dry-spell, last Sunday. So you see ~ it does happen, and they're right ~ I'm still smiling... :D

Good luck on Friday...and keep us posted!

12. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    I had another exciting day in the field! Lots of gobbles and watched one tom strut and do his stuff for quite some time, but he just wouldn't come into gun range. Another pleasant day!

leaker

Here's me in the blind.

13. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.