Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the newest issue of Missouri Game & Fish tonight just cuz I felt like reading a bit.

Well there is an article on patterning late season deer.

Now this article has four different stories about guys downing big bucks in the late season.

Now the funny thing is, each story occured in December, & the bucks were all harvested with high powered rifles.

Now none of these reference that these hunts occured in Missouri, but if not, wouldn't you think MISSOURI Game & Fish would state they weren't killed in MISSOURI.

This article just seems deceiving, and now I feel kinda ripped off.

Now I remember why I never buy that magazine.:lame:

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Are you trying to tell me that someone would write an article for a magazine and just throw inaccurate stuff onto a page:eek::eek: Tell me it ain't so:whinging:

:cheers::cheers:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
:D That magazine, in general, IS a rip off! :D

Most of the articles are produced by writers outside of Missouri, and a lot of the information in the small articles is available by getting signed up for the conservation news release email list.

Parker

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
High fence. :peepwall: :D :stirpot:

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
Not all articles are MO specific. Some are staff articles that appear in Georgia Game and Fish, ILG&F, etc. They are simply articles based on tactics and techniques. You'll recognize MO specific articles as they will be in a specific town, county etc somewhere in the article. I too wish they didn't have these articles, but thewy have to have filler stories.

·
Grrrrrrr
29,951 Posts
I dropped all of my magazine subscriptions so the only magazine I get is the one that comes with my NRA membership...can't remember what it's called. Honestly don't even read it....think it's pretty much a dud.

I do like Bowhunter and Deer and Deer Hunting but not enough to pay for them.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
:whiteflag: I just learn SOOOO much more here and on a couple more online forums. The information is MUCH more up to date and the interaction is just awesome. :cheers:

I usually get Outdoor Life and Field & Stream subscriptions by going to the KC Sports Show......but you know what......this thread made me realize I have not got a copy of either of them for like 3 or 4 months! Is it worth getting upset about when I didn't miss them? Probably not I suppose.

Parker

·
Registered
69,798 Posts
You will find the same article in a lot of their publications. The first word in the title of the magazine is changed is all. Here is their web site with all the choices.

http://www.gameandfishmag.com/state-by-state-hunting-fishing/index.html

I take Missouri Game and Fish because it is cheap and gives me something to read while I'm eating my Honey Nut Cherrio's in the mornings. They do have some local stories and the "Camera Corner"pics in the back are nice to see.

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
[rquote=1489121&tid=104019&author=Mailman]You will find the same article in a lot of their publications. The first word in the title of the magazine is changed is all. Here is their web site with all the choices.

I take Missouri Game and Fish because it is cheap and gives me something to read while I'm eating my Honey Nut Cherrio's in the mornings. They do have some local stories and the "Camera Corner"pics in the back are nice to see.[/rquote]

Very true, basically what I was trying to state above.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
[rquote=1489117&tid=104019&author=BowMadness]I
Besides, looking at this computer screen can do some funny things to your eyes. :D[/rquote]

:cheers: No doubt about that! I've got my screen settings down so low where you have to turn the screen up all the time to see the trail cam pictures on here.

Parker

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
[rquote=1489121&tid=104019&author=Mailman]You will find the same article in a lot of their publications. The first word in the title of the magazine is changed is all. Here is their web site with all the choices.

I take Missouri Game and Fish because it is cheap and gives me something to read while I'm eating my Honey Nut Cherrio's in the mornings. They do have some local stories and the "Camera Corner"pics in the back are nice to see.[/rquote]

Words of wisdom from a wise man. Those honey nut cherrios are awsome. They make an excellent snack dry as well:claphands:

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
[rquote=1489109&tid=104019&author=Heeler75]High fence. :peepwall: :D :stirpot:

[/rquote]

or photoshop:thinking:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
dont feel left out. I called the publisher they are written out of georgia. they put a couple articles about hunting on Conservation Areas and a few filler articles to make a magazine that away they can apply the same article to multiple states. If you noticed in the first subtitle in the bag your late season buck now you will notice they mentin about how the hunters have found succes with southern deer. I thought to myself what good are these tactics to me. theyre hunitng the rut down in texas in january. does this mean i need to apply rut tactics for missouri in january. NO

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
[rquote=1489110&tid=104019&author=Sidewinder]Not all articles are MO specific. Some are staff articles that appear in Georgia Game and Fish, ILG&F, etc. They are simply articles based on tactics and techniques. You'll recognize MO specific articles as they will be in a specific town, county etc somewhere in the article. I too wish they didn't have these articles, but thewy have to have filler stories.[/rquote]

Ditto . We get the same articles in Tennessee Sportsman, the sister publication. Thats why I quit buying it . Too much repetition in the annual , state specific articles as well.

·
Registered
961 Posts
[rquote=1489109&tid=104019&author=Heeler75]High fence. :peepwall: :D :stirpot:

[/rquote]

Probably Canned Hunt

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
I found Missouri Game and Fish is published out of Georgia they use articals from the area so lots of stuff you get out of it don't mean squat here.Found this when it was first published.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin finds out more from MWT Forum or MDC. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I know a guy that would occasionally write an article for Missouri G&F magazine. This guy is in the newspaper business and would submit the occasional article to various magazines. Missouri G&F began to pick up his writings more frequently and the editor called him one day asking for an article about Sauger (sp?) fishing on the Mississippi River. The guy I know told the editor he had never done that and knew absolutely nothing about it. The editor replied… “Don’t let that stop you!â€

1 - 20 of 21 Posts