Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Latest/Earliest You Can Effectively Glypo Fescue.

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  BowtechAdm 
Fall is the best time to get a great kill...that is when fescue is storing nutrients into the root system. I had great luck this year in November before gun season and that fescue is already turning brown so it will be an afterthought next spring. Basically if it is still green and you have 3-4 more warm days left, I don't see why you would not get a kill, especially for southern MO. I would hesitate for up in my area though by the IA line to spray this time of year. :cheers:

Spring is the next best time to get a great kill and like Sully stated, early May would be a sure bet. On years where it really starts to take off sooner from hot springs, I would start spraying before that tho.

[rquote=1489637&tid=104052&author=rat]

Agreed. And furthermore, if you can, apply it a bit on the high side of the rate structure if you have the material.
Be patient... symptomology is slow to occur at this time of the year.
[/rquote]

Last fall I sprayed and the fescue did not seem to show any symptoms until the following spring....when it was sprayed last year it stayed a lot cooler afterwards. It sure did waste away the following spring tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.