Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went hunting on the 19th in the morning to an area I havent been able to hunt this year due to the fact that the creek was to deep for me to cross. I get out of the truck an hour before shooting time and the temp was -2 luckily there was no wind to speak of. I get set up and right as it was getting light I look over my shoulder and there are 6 deer coming at me. They feed past the last one was a 1 horn buck but I told my wife and sons that I was shooting a mature mounter buck or nothing. The rest of the morning I see lots of deer but no more bucks. At 3 I park to go hunt there for the evening and I am about 3/4 mile from my stand but I could see 4 deer that had just came out of the slough and had crossed onto the neighbors property and 1 was a nice buck. So I get situated and can see deer immediatly. I watched a 6 point chase a doe on and off all afternoon. About sunset I can see a bunch of deer coming back from the neighbors land making a beeline for my tree. As they get to about 80 yrds I see that there is a shooter buck in the group so I get ready. He follows a doe fawn right up to about 20 yrds from me and stands there facing me. After a couple of minutes I was trying to keep track of where the rest of the deer were and I look back at him and he is looking right at me. He looked away and turned broadside and I could tell he was getting ready to leave. I didnt have much of a shooting lane just one small hole to shoot through so i steady the pin and hit the trigger I saw the arrow hit and I thought O yah 10 ring baby. He spun and ran and crashed after about 40 trds. He is the latest I have ever shot a buck with bow

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
:banana: Nice Buck !

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
great buck congrats:cheers:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Congrats on a great late season buck and hats off to you for being persistent and sticking out the late season.....WELL DESERVED!!!

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Awesome buck fo sho!!!Congrats:eek:::2thumbsup:
Great mass, looks like a narly old dude.

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
Yelp some major Mass on that Deer. :cheers:

oneshot
:D The Big Grin is too Little to drag that out.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts