Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like your guy's input on how the farm below would hunt late season. I have never hunted late season up north. I am off the last part of the late ML season so I am thinking about making a 4 day trip.

The farm I hunt consist of big open harwood timber with the fields being in thick CRP with lots of cedars. I have three large plots planted in the middle of CRP fields. The plots contain a winter mix of ceral grain and brassics. To the east the crop fields are cut beans and to the west is open cow pasture with one field of winter wheat. The north and south neighboring properties are just open fields not being used for much of nothing.

[file]83909[/file]

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Food ,, Food,, Food for late season. The colder it gets the more important the food source becomes. I would be lookin at my food plots to see how they are holding up,,and to the east where the bean stubble will be. Winter wheat might not be too bad if its not bitter cold,,but if it gets really cold, I'd look closer at the grains. (.02)

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
tcams on the funnels or staging areas before the crop fields, or two nights of glassing instead of hunting, is PRICELESS. choose ur spot so you can get out without scaring all of them. there ya go. now show me ur kill pics in a week

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
id go to the pen that says god spot!!!:claphands: just kiddin
good luck:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts