Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Late Maturing Soybean

882 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MUHunter 
#1 ·
I think I posed this question on here before but thought I would put it out there again b/c I'm actually trying it. I am gonna plant a mid group 5 maturity soybean in NE MO. We do this at work for a educational demonstration and the beans never mature so I was thinking that I could have some big green soybeans probably until the end of october. I'm hoping the deer will nail them all fall but we will see.

Anybody else think this will work?

Discussion starter · #4 ·
rmr....yeah a real early killing frost will definitely put a hamper on things but it would have to be a heavy one. They do go through a maturing process as far as developing pods but do to their developmental cycle they never progress through leaf loss and dry down process before late in the fall when I usually just brush hog them down.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
The only thing with planting a bean that late is you won't get much growth out of them. The beans I am planting should get darn near waste high. I just hope they dont' get too untasty to the deer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.