Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cooyon, Back from NOLA
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year, late spring, before the drought. I planted corn, but most didn't come up. Overseeded with wheat, the turkeys ate it all. Frost seeded clover back in february, its starting to come up. Can't believe after the corn being in the ground almost a year. I have a food plot, full of corn. :D
*Got to remember to bring the camera! :stickfight:

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
woods
i would be more inclined to guess that what is coming up is from the ears that matured last year and fell to the ground or weren't ate that
the kernals that survied are now growning not really un common in normal corn that isn't hybred.
it would be near impossible for the seed you planted to lay in the dirt and then grow a year later

but i think you were meaning to say what i did i just tried to clear it up a little

;)

·
Under appreciated
92,376 Posts
Originally posted by huntforfunnfood
woods
i would be more inclined to guess that what is coming up is from the ears that matured last year and fell to the ground or weren't ate that
the kernals that survied are now growning not really un common in normal corn that isn't hybred.
it would be near impossible for the seed you planted to lay in the dirt and then grow a year later

but i think you were meaning to say what i did i just tried to clear it up a little

;)
Yep.. sounds like a volunteer crop to me.. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.