Last year vs This year

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by DForbis, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Here are a couple of pics. This buck gained some body size. He also put a few inches on. The body is what is the most impressive though. The date on the second pic is wrong.:wave:

[file]145708[/file] [file]145710[/file]

2. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Not sure that's the same deer, why do you think it is?:shrug:

3. Cedar Thicket

Cedar Thicket Blonde Bearded Guy

gained a little character in his brows too.......:cheers:

4. vmcfadden

vmcfadden Member

Oct 5, 2008
    PA
    :eek:: Just one year can mean alot. WOW

5. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    If that's the same buck he put on a lot of bone!

6. Same core area, His G3 on the left side (which is not like any of the other bucks we have pictures of), and the right side tines are identical just bigger. G3 is slightly taller than G2 on the right side just as the year before

7. I was guessing him at 3 1/2 last year and believe he has blown up getting to 4 1/2:shrug: That is just my oppinion though.

8. Cedar Thicket

Cedar Thicket Blonde Bearded Guy

[rquote=1877862&tid=130798&author=DForbis]Same core area, His G3 on the left side (which is not like any of the other bucks we have pictures of), and the right side tines are identical just bigger. G3 is slightly taller than G2 on the right side just as the year before[/rquote]

agree. all tines are proportionally the same just taller....the right G3 and left G2 stand out to me..........brows changed a TON though

9. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1877862&tid=130798&author=DForbis]Same core area, His G3 on the left side (which is not like any of the other bucks we have pictures of), and the right side tines are identical just bigger. G3 is slightly taller than G2 on the right side just as the year before[/rquote]

Ya, I can see the similarities, if they are the same, he done grew up, that is for sure.:2thumbsup:

10. letemgrow

letemgrow Active Member

Its the same deer, that g-3 is a dead giveaway and he could have just damaged his brows in velvet. He sure put on a lot of bone that is for sure!! Look at the difference in his mass. :eek::

I would not be suprised if he was 3.5 last year and 4.5 this year.

11. [rquote=1877867&tid=130798&author=Cedar Thicket][rquote=1877862&tid=130798&author=DForbis]Same core area, His G3 on the left side (which is not like any of the other bucks we have pictures of), and the right side tines are identical just bigger. G3 is slightly taller than G2 on the right side just as the year before[/rquote]

agree. all tines are proportionally the same just taller....the right G3 stands out to me..........brows changed a TON though

[/rquote]

Yeah the brows look weird, but many times I have noticed that a buck will put on something weird at 4 1/2 - 6 1/2. I am no expert though. My cousin (cody4bucks) and I just wanted to see what everyone thought:cheers:

12. RAGENTHECAGE

RAGENTHECAGE Senior Member

Jul 14, 2009
    MOBERLY MO
    How much were those cameras Derek? In the market and wanting to check out different cams. Ive only owned Moulttie.

13. Rage, I'll U2U when I get back from lunch:wave:

14. RAGENTHECAGE

RAGENTHECAGE Senior Member

Jul 14, 2009
    MOBERLY MO
    [rquote=1877877&tid=130798&author=DForbis]Rage, I'll U2U when I get back from lunch:wave:[/rquote]

Sounds good bro.:cheers:

15. Cody4Bucks

Cody4Bucks New Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Harrisburg, MO
    i'm glad i didn't kill him last year when i had the chance cuase he really did get big :claphands::claphands::claphands:hope i get another chance this year

16. thh058

thh058 Active Member

May 12, 2005
    Jefferson County
    I'd let him go another year. :stirpot:

17. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Look at the necker on that thang. :eek:

18. [rquote=1877993&tid=130798&author=Cody4Bucks]i'm glad i didn't kill him last year when i had the chance cuase he really did get big :claphands::claphands::claphands:hope i get another chance this year [/rquote]

That's what happens when they get to be mature!! It is worth the wait:D:wave:

19. Cody4Bucks

Cody4Bucks New Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Harrisburg, MO
    it would be really hard to let him go another year on our farm to many people around us that kill anything

20. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    Good luck with him! Hope he gets to ride in the back of your truck