last weekends family fishing trip

Discussion in 'Pan Fish' started by ad870, Jun 3, 2009.

1. ad870

ad870 New Member

Oct 11, 2006
    NE Arkansas
    Took the family out on a fishing trip last Sat. to a place called Lake Charles. Here are a few pics.

Anyone good at distinguishing between white bass, hybrids, stripers or yellow bass know what the one in the pic is?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

Lake Charles where is that?:D

Thats a nice white!!!!! I remember back 9 years or so ago they had all those whites die... Looks like they made a nice rebound!!!

Man I miss living on that lake....

3. ad870

ad870 New Member

Oct 11, 2006
    NE Arkansas
    So it is a white? I wasn't sure. I caught it right up on the bank with a trick worm.

4. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

Guess it could be a small hybrid.... My brother and I found some dead when they drained the lake one winter... They would go a good 10-15 pounds...

5. My guess is also white, can be hard to tell when they are small. Hard to judge by pic too, but congrats on a good day!!!:claphands::claphands:

6. CoHunter

CoHunter New Member

May 19, 2007
    Colorado
    Great day for sure. Glad everybody was wearing their PFD's. :claphands:

7. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    Ever fish Baltz lake in Pokie? nice crappie and bass in there, can get into some big blue gill too.

8. ad870

ad870 New Member

Oct 11, 2006
    NE Arkansas
    Yeah, we fish there some. I don' t like the ramp to well and it is electric only so I try not to go there too much. It has also silted in real bad on the upper end.

This fish was caught there weekend before last. My buddy also caught a nice one out of there about 3 weeks ago. Said it went 5lb.

[​IMG]

9. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Great last pic... neat lookin little tykes!!

Yer dog has an itchy butt.

10. CoHunter

CoHunter New Member

May 19, 2007
    Colorado
    [rquote=1285569&tid=89883&author=rat]Great last pic... neat lookin little tykes!!

Yer dog has an itchy butt. [/rquote]

Only you buddy. :roll2:

11. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Well??? dont it look like it? :D

12. CoHunter

CoHunter New Member

May 19, 2007
    Colorado
    [rquote=1285573&tid=89883&author=rat]Well??? dont it look like it? :D[/rquote]

Yes it does. I never would have noticed without you pointing it out. :rof2:

13. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Ol' Dog just had to ruin a great pic!!:claphands::claphands:

14. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    Yep like that last pic.

Too bad about that lake, I used to live just up the road from the ramp over by the hospital.

A lot of big bass caught out of there and some nice crappy. I didn't mind the electric only part cuz it's not that big.

15. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1285569&tid=89883&author=rat]Great last pic... neat lookin little tykes!!

Yer dog has an itchy butt. [/rquote]

i gotta admit (but i hate to encourage him), that i actually laughed when i read this one

:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2:

way:kewlpics:looks like a blast!:2thumbsup:

16. ad870

ad870 New Member

Oct 11, 2006
    NE Arkansas
    Rat, Actually you are the second person to mention the dog thing. A buddy of mine did when I put it on facebook. I think she is just scratching fleas but it def. looks like she is dragging the lawn.

Blev. The only thing I don't like about the electric only is loading the boat after fishing.