Last sundays Bow kill

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by hunting mo whitetail, Nov 14, 2010.

1. hunting mo whitetail

hunting mo whitetail New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Saint Joseph Mo
    This is the weekend that i had a fun weird and wild weekend all in one so much fun though. Last saturday morin it was pretty chilly, and i forgot my face mask. So im sitting in the stand with smoke pouring out of my nose.

At 8:30am i was sitting in the stand i hear something comming got my bow ready. And out walked this nice buck to his two scrapes 20 yards from me. I cant move from the way hes standing and he looks my way see's the smoke from my breath. And turned around and very calmly walks off.

I go back sunday morin hoping i would get the same results and at 8:25am. I stand up in my stand hoping that this buck would return. Boy was i lucky i hear a crunch in the woods and i see him. I grab my grunt call and hit it 3 times here he comes. Walks right out to his scrapes, broadside 20 yrds i let the muzzy fly. Solid hit he runs up the 4 wheeler trail jumps the fence. I waited 30 mins went and got my arrow blood dripping off it bright red bubbley blood . I was excited, looked down not a drop of blood on the ground.

Took 20 mins to find 3 small drops shot at 8:30 am start tracking him tring to very hard no blood trail. About 1pm i find a spot he was bedded down. I back out go back at 4 pm at about 5 pm i finally found him after searching the whole country side. Its crazy he was 15 yrds from were he bedded down to the left the only direction i hadnt went.

Not sure why but when the arrow hit him it went left and came out the back leg. Lungs were mush when i gutted him.

[file]148151[/file]

2. boatcaptain

boatcaptain Active Member

May 31, 2010
    ELM TREE MO
    Nice High Rack.:claphands::eek:::cheers:

3. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    great kill! any better photos?

4. stlwolf

stlwolf New Member