Last Minute Rib-Eyes

Discussion in 'Just Good Food' started by Gakic24, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

Rub

1 teaspoon granulated garlic
    1 teaspoon koser salt
    1/2 teaspoon cumin
    1/2 teaspoon chilie powder
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper

mix rub in small bowl... let steaks to get room temprature

lightly brush or spray steaks with olive oil.... Season Steaks with rub, pressing spices into meat..

Grill over Direct High Heat for 6-8 minutes for Meadium Rare...

2. Gakic24

3. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    That will work fosho........ :cheers::cheers: just sayin'

4. lma

lma Active Member

What time's dinner? :whistle:

5. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  6. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Dat will work, and sounds good. I prefer to lightly season my steak so I can really taste the quality of the beef. A great steak needs little seasoning.:cheers:

7. Gakic24

[rquote=1286421&tid=89923&author=DADAKOTA]Dat will work, and sounds good. I prefer to lightly season my steak so I can really taste the quality of the beef. A great steak needs little seasoning.:cheers:[/rquote]

I dont put much on it either sir....:D

I always like to see the look on my dads face when he orders a steak and they ask him if he wants steak sauce... priceless:rof2:

8. DADAKOTA

Apr 18, 2006
    I use a little salt and pepper or a little Lawry's, Onion salt, and pepper. I don't season the hell out of the steaks and then grill them.

9. Gakic24

[rquote=1286435&tid=89923&author=DADAKOTA]I use a little salt and pepper or a little Lawry's, Onion salt, and pepper. I don't season the heck out of the steaks and then grill them.[/rquote]

That amount of seasoning is usually for 4-5 1.5" thick steaks... still gotta taste the natural juices.

10. TAB

TAB Active Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    [rquote=1286421&tid=89923&author=DADAKOTA]Dat will work, and sounds good. I prefer to lightly season my steak so I can really taste the quality of the beef. A great steak needs little seasoning.:cheers:[/rquote]

I agree a good steak needs little to no seasoning but a BAD steak needs A1!

11. DADAKOTA

Apr 18, 2006
    A bad steak can't be rescued. Pour the A-1 over hamburger and call it a sloppy joe.