Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on highway 63 going to rolla from licking theres a place called lane spring on the left. i went down there its the small piney. does any1 flyfish that place?? is it even worth the drive? also i seen a lake as you enter rolla on the right. how do i get there??? is it anygood for bowfishin? or bass?
thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Lane spring is a good place to fish you may not catch a record but you will catch fish you can wade fish most of the little piney, I am not sure what lake your talking about is this lake of 63?

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Lane Springs is a trophy area so there are some size restrictions. The lake you saw is Brays Lake. It is privately owned. I don't know if you can make arrangements to fish it.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
There is a Conservation lake east of Rolla. Get to it from the north outer road along I44. About halfway between Rolla and St. James. Little Prarrie used to be the name but may have changed.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
you can find good fishing water closer than lane spring theres good fishing at mason bridge and boling area if you got a boat you can make some good short floats and catch fish

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i shore fished mason and boiling. i dont have a river boat just a canoe so i havent been floating yet. i used to trout fish in californina all the time. theres not much trout action out here, native anyway. i seen on the news montaulk opening day. Jebus Rice! how can you flyfish elbow to elbow? and not get hooked?
i just sunked a bunch of timber in my pond so hopefully this season some babies make it.
thanks ill find that lake sooner or later.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You can try Mill creek for trout it is labled a blue ribbon trout stream, If you park at mill creek camp grounds you can wade it down to the little piney.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.