Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read this in the KC Star:

Bowing to public criticism and a worsening economy, the Missouri Conservation Commission today decided to reverse proposed regulations that would have charged thousands of Missourians to hunt deer and turkeys on their own land.

The board also voted against raising the price of resident hunting and fishing permits as it had proposed Sept. 26.

Price hikes for nonresident permits, however, were kept intact and will go into effect July 1, 2009.

The proposed change affecting landowners was a hot-button issue. The Department of Conservation proposed that landowners would have to own at least 80 acres to receive free deer- and turkey-hunting permits — a big change from the 5 acres that had been the standard for years.

Word of that proposal set off an angry reaction from many landowners, who flooded the Department of Conservation with calls, e-mails and letters.

At its meeting today, the Conservation Commission took that feedback into account when it voted to leave the acreage requirement at 5 acres and the cost of resident licenses as it is.

·
6,643 Posts
Yep, your a little late and a dollar short there Homer.

:whistle:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not the first time KC, but it has been worse since I have been hanging around u.

·
6,643 Posts
Originally posted by HomertheHunter
Not the first time KC, but it has been worse since I have been hanging around u.
Hold on tight there Homer. Mrs. Homer says you've been acting a lot more intelligent since you've been hanging out with me.

:peepwall:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She only says that when you are around. Trying to raise your self esteem.

·
6,643 Posts
Originally posted by HomertheHunter
She only says that when you are around. Trying to raise your self esteem.
Actually, she said she trusts me enough that when we hang out you can take your little helmet off and she won't worry so much about you getting hurt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts