Lake Reelfoot Trip pics

Discussion in 'Fishing Photo Gallery' started by kc704, Apr 20, 2006.

1. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Bear with me I have some pics from last weeks annual crappie trip to share. We left Wednesday morning for Reelfoot Lake in NW Tennessee. The weather for once cooperated except for a very windy Friday afternoon that kept us off the lake. Sunburns and all we still had a good time. Fished Thursday morning thru Saturday evening. Didn't catch a ton of fish, but was a huge improvement over the past two years there. Thursday had everyone, but me catching a fish or two. Friday I caught the only one. Saturday morning we woke up without a boat. The dock kids couldn't tie a knot to save their life so an hour later they found it on the other side of the lake beached. My brother-in-law and I tied up to a stump and each caught a couple, then it got slow. We decided to move over about ten feet and tie up to a fallen tree and throw on the backside of it. It was impossible to keep more than one pole out at a time. I went thru a ton of hooks due to snags, but it was pretty much a fish for every cast for quite a while. Then it got slow again. Ended up bringing home just over 5 qts of crappie fillets home. Time to start preparing for next year's trip. Thinking about taking our own boats to Mark Twain. Here are the pics!!!

2. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Dad and my Uncle

3. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    The crappie prayer

4. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
  5. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
  6. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Blue Bank Resort Dock

7. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Tornado damage in Carthursville

8. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    View of the lake

9. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Saturday morning\'s catch

10. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Grennel that another guy caught

This was a mean sucker with a big fight. Lots of teeth too! No one knew what it was except the dock kid. Guess they are like gar down there. Very interesting looking fish, almost like a snakehead with a redfish spot on each side of his tail. I caught a big one on Saturday afternoon, but his teeth did a number on my 6 lb line and I didn't get him to the boat.

11. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Couple of bull slabs

12. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
  13. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Dad cleaning Saturday afternoon\'s catch

14. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

If your planning on next years trip already,,,you must of had a good time. The times are what its about.

:cheers::cheers:

15. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

:eek: Looks like a good trip...Congrats on your success...

16. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Looks like dad's ticked off cuz you're not helpin fillet those fish....put down that camera boy!!!!!!lol Looks like ya'll had a good time.

17. shortmag

shortmag New Member

Feb 22, 2006
    I dont see any moccasins in those pics. Did you see many snakes? The one time I went to Reel Foot, the snakes were unbelieveable. The fishing was great but the snakes really creeped me out. Nice Pics.

18. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Nice pics!! Looks like you guys had a great time!!

Jack:eek:

19. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Actually Fireman, he wasn't mad. I cleaned all the fish that morning myself and helped him with those in the pic. We did see a couple of snakes, but not near as bad as last year.