Lake Okeechobee

Discussion in 'Bass' started by buffalo12888, Apr 19, 2017.

1. buffalo12888

buffalo12888 Active Member

Aug 25, 2008
    franklin county
    Heading to Fort Myers beach in July and booked a trip on Okechobee to do some bass fishing. I know this isn't an ideal time but was wondering what you guys thought my chances of catching good bass in July are?

2. BASSBUSTER

BASSBUSTER Member

Apr 20, 2013
    have some serious sunscreen......depends on the weather (wind)...but they will bite most of the time....most guides will have a boatload of shiners....

3. Stonewall1

Stonewall1 Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Shiner fishing for bass in Florida is awesome! It seems weird using live bait to fish for bass but it's unbelievable. I went to the Suwannee River
    And caught a 7 and a 8 pounder in back to back casts. The average fish was four and a half pounds. If you got a good guide it should be a great time.

4. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

If you have a guide he will know how to keep the water moccasins and Gators from getting in the boat with you.:D

5. Gutpile

Gutpile Cooler Semi-Elitist

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    Bring a samurai sword...if they ask just look em in the eye say "Fer dem dam gators"

6. swat1018

swat1018 Active Member

Jan 1, 2013
    LaBelle
    The Big O is my home away from home. I would book a half day, morning, trip. You'll catch fish. You doing shiners or artificial? Good top water bite a lot of the summer.

7. buffalo12888

buffalo12888 Active Member

Aug 25, 2008
    franklin county
    I believe shiners. Hope I get to throw a top water some. Think I have a decent chance at catching a mounter? (7 pound plus). I have a four hour trip booked. 6:30-10:30 am