Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Yes they did. They also had a ball cleaning and packaging at the table. Had to tell the story several times. Also just get to laughing hysterically about many different things. Hard work but it is great family fun.
After we got it all cleaned up Tackett had to get some cut up and cook it himself. He said always wanted to fry up some fresh off the deer.(11 years old)
Wyatt who is nine had every one really laughing. Mom had jumped his case about what size measuring cup to use when making coffee.(all my kids have been weird and loved coffee from a young age even straight black) Anyway Wyatt pipes up and says " yeah , found out the other day that I been making coffee wrong after all these years!" (9 years old):D
Story had me laughing out loud! Great kids, great dad. Thanks for sharing.

·
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So old horse head made it back home from the taxi. Nathan Whitmer does great job on deer. A true artist. He did a great job of not shrinking him. He measured 8.5 or 8 3/4” eye to nose.

My boy is holding his 128” 8 point next to it. Gives you a better idea of how big he is. Still won’t score but they thought he was a monster!!! At 261 gutted he was!
Here it is by my buck in my avatar. Makes him look like a fawns head.

·
Registered
31,470 Posts
Good stuff!

Reactions: thwackaddict

·
Under appreciated
88,056 Posts
Very cool, congrats the mount looks great!

Reactions: thwackaddict

·
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Best part is listening to the “replay” of how it happened. A day that Tackett and Karli will never forget. Priceless.

·
Registered
22,019 Posts
I enjoy seeing those younger hunters with the smiles and such excitement during the moment and months afterwards!

·
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I enjoy seeing those younger hunters with the smiles and such excitement during the moment and months afterwards!
Just a week or two ago Karli told Tackett that she had a dream she shot another huge buck. Then she started crying because she had to take it to the taxidermist. :ROFLMAO:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts