Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I owe a huge thank you to our neighbor. He has let my wife, boys, and daughters use his ******* tower blinds that are on his new property he bought. So they took advantage of them today with the rain.
Karli and Tackett were in a blind together. They saw a doe come out and a small buck mulling around in the timber. They were discussing if he was big enough to shoot or not. Then Tackett saw Mr. Big and started to jump up and down in the blind and said "Karli get your gun now!!!" She hadn't seen the big one yet and said "he isn't that big." Then instantly said "holy ****!" when she saw him. They pretty much screamed MERP to get him to stop and she hammered him at about 150 yards.
Won't score a lot but he is bigger than pictures show. Speaking of BIG DEER he tipped the scales gutted with no heart and lungs at 261. Tackett's buck last year went 208 dressed. Brings tears to my eyes watching them do it all themselves. Field to freezer with zero help. Here is a starter pic. More to come.
1F209DAA-0E68-41E0-8165-B3510C404988.jpeg

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,238 Posts
You can tell by the width of his tongue he is at least 7.

Congrats to those younguns. :guitar:

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
Wow...Congratulations for some Fine Young Hunters! :bow:

That's One Big Ol Mature Buck...reminds Me of a Quote from the Movie "Jaws"!
20201124_200912.jpg
:thinking:

·
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you serious on the field to freezer themselves?If so that's awesome and what a great start on a long hunting career
Yes field to freezer. He is cooling nicely. My wife and I have raised our four daughters ages 27 down to 19(Karli is 19), and now our two boys to help process. In 2014 I skipped deer season to build on. Wife and daughters put a pile of deer in the freezer and I never even touched one.
07AA5019-FF11-4D26-B0CA-E72B6CB1BBE8.jpeg

·
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya buddy! Way to get it done. From all the smiles, it looks like they had a ball!
Yes they did. They also had a ball cleaning and packaging at the table. Had to tell the story several times. Also just get to laughing hysterically about many different things. Hard work but it is great family fun.
After we got it all cleaned up Tackett had to get some cut up and cook it himself. He said always wanted to fry up some fresh off the deer.(11 years old)
Wyatt who is nine had every one really laughing. Mom had jumped his case about what size measuring cup to use when making coffee.(all my kids have been weird and loved coffee from a young age even straight black) Anyway Wyatt pipes up and says " yeah , found out the other day that I been making coffee wrong after all these years!" (9 years old):D

·
Lunch break commander
8,344 Posts
Heck yeah

Reactions: thwackaddict
1 - 20 of 34 Posts