Knives given to me....

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear (General)' started by JrNation88, Nov 10, 2010.

1. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    My father has slowly been handing things over to me this past year and today he brought over a collection of knives that he had. He had bought them from many many years ago that was needing some money and had made these. I do not know a whole bunch about them but they sure are neat to have at the house now...... thanks dad:claphands::claphands:

[file]147423[/file]

[file]147421[/file]

[file]147419[/file]

2. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    that original bowie may not have been made by him but i think the case was

3. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    Holy cow! Great looking set!:cheers::cheers:

4. The one with the smaller on the front of the shleath (SP?) looks like it my be a Ken Richardsons(SP) :shrug:

:cheers:

5. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
  6. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
  7. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    [rquote=1890389&tid=131670&author=looking_for_guns]The one with the smaller on the front of the shleath (SP?) looks like it my be a Ken Richardsons(SP) :shrug:

:cheers:[/rquote]

hey cool you said that. They actually have the small initials KR on them. It was many years ago so dad may have got some of his stories mixed up. What can you tell me about Ken and his knives and what about it made you say that?

8. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    [rquote=1890420&tid=131670&author=Cherokee]Cool indeed!![/rquote]

I may have to pick your brain a bit later Cherokee on how to sharped these up real good. Especially the one with the gut hook since I plan on carrying it on hunts. I've seen your shaved pictures and know what your doing

9. ymurf

ymurf Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Steelville, Mo.
    Definatly Ken Richardson knife. I have known him for years and work with his son.We use to cut his blades out for him..Great knives and not cheap.Here is one I got from him.
    [file]147447[/file]

10. [rquote=1890650&tid=131670&author=JrNation88][rquote=1890389&tid=131670&author=looking_for_guns]The one with the smaller on the front of the shleath (SP?) looks like it my be a Ken Richardsons(SP) :shrug:

hey cool you said that. They actually have the small initials KR on them. It was many years ago so dad may have got some of his stories mixed up. What can you tell me about Ken and his knives and what about it made you say that?[/rquote]

A lot of the bowie knives that I have seen with antler handles and the fancy art work on them like those where made by Ken and if I remember right they are made right here in Southeast Missouri

Also a lot of the really nice leather work and the some if not most of them came with a littler knife like the one pictured

11. ymurf

ymurf Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Steelville, Mo.
    They are made right out of Steelville by a town called Davisville.

12. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    makes me wonder if pop's bought them straight from Mr. Richardson? I will have to call him tomorrow and get more info....I'm guessing all three of those antler knives must be his.

13. ymurf

ymurf Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Steelville, Mo.
    You can see allot of his knives in the bass pro catalog to.

14. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    this guy must be good. just found his knives on bass pro. how many does he crank out?

15. Ymurf can you still buy them direct from Ken or do you have to go through Bass Pro

16. ymurf

ymurf Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Steelville, Mo.
    Not sure.His daughter does Taxidermy.He has a little store he works out of..His first knives from years ago are the most sought after.They were made from old cross cut saw blades.

17. ymurf

ymurf Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Steelville, Mo.
    [rquote=1890690&tid=131670&author=looking_for_guns]Ymurf can you still buy them direct from Ken or do you have to go through Bass Pro

You can get them straight from him also.

18. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    thanks guys...gotta hit the sack but look forward to looking more into this and talking to my dad about it