Knight vs TC

Discussion in 'Muzzleloaders' started by Bronco Brian, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Bronco Brian

Bronco Brian New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Georgetown, MN
    Anyone know what happened w/Jim Shockey and Knight?
    Guess hes pushing TC now?

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I've been wondering the same thing, BB....I guess TC offered him more money!!!

3. Bronco Brian

Bronco Brian New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Georgetown, MN
    On his website he claims its not money but the direction Knight was headed? Dont know what that means-was Knight sold recently or something?
    Maybe he will start pushing Triple 7 if he doesnt like the way American is headed-or if someone makes it worth his time!

4. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Have no idea if Knight was sold....or where they might be headed...My money is still on money...

5. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Knight Rifles was bough tout in 1998 by EBSCO Industries and I haven't heard about it being bought by anyone else since then. Of course it is possible. Here's a link to EBSCO and all of the companies it owns. Knight is a small link in the company.

http://www.ebscoind.com/industries/acquisition.stm

Jack

6. Bronco Brian

Bronco Brian New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Georgetown, MN
    Jack,
    Have you heard anything about Tony Knight being out of the loop as far as management and design?

7. Bronco Brian

Bronco Brian New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Georgetown, MN
    Looks like these guys are the Wallmart of sporting goods!

8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I figured these day, Uncle Tony was just a figure head for the huntin shows.....

9. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Bronco Brian, he was still involved about a year ago and I can't say for sure he if is still there.

Jack

10. Bronco Brian

Bronco Brian New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Georgetown, MN
    Jack,
    Guess thats what capitalism is all about-it looks like he aint the only one that has sold out. I dont own a Knight or ever probably will, but it was nice to think that a real person and and not some big corporation was out there doing development, and quality control on something. From what I understand Tony was a leader in the industry early on.
    Brian