Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i watched that knight and hale show last night.the second segment with the guy that was shooting the matthews bow. killed a real nice buck from the tree.when they got down to retrieve it did any one else notice the brouse line on all the trees?just showed it for a second or two but it kinda reminded me of what my pen used to look like when i raised some,never have seen it near that bad in the wild before,i'd think if it was that eaten up in there wouldn't be that quality of deer in there.wonder what that one cost him?:rotfl:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by Nicholas
So watching these shows will not help me?
Yes Nicholas, they can help...some do give good advice, but in thier quest to produce a show, sometimes, some shows "hunt" behind high fence, on a game farm...and are not hunting fair chase. In my opinion, if the show is taped behind a fence, tell us so, don't lead us to believe it is fair chase!!!

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
So watching these shows will not help me?
Most of them are 17 minutes of infomercial broken up with an occasional (13 minutes of) commercial. If you think the game is about "trinkets" they might help you.

But if you are entertained by them. By all means enjoy! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Thanks folks, they do get me to buy stuff!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Thanks folks, they do get me to buy stuff!
That would be thier ultimate goal...I don't watch as many of em as I used to, and STILL buy stuff....lol!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
And as I said on another thread, they also promote the sport. Maybe because of those hunting shows, some young man will be inspired to start hunting. Or maybe a man who grew up hunting will recall the fond memories. We are in a battle with a PETA sympathetic media and suburban culture, and we will lose our hunting rights and privileges if these trends don't reverse. The hunting shows are the front porch to our sport, and I'm glad they are inviting the general public in to see the positives. I don't like the lack of fair chase etc . . . either, but our sport needs public relations, and that's the best we have right now! You don't have to watch them, but please support their sponsors. We need them to continue to pay for our public relations campaign!

·
27,514 Posts
I wrote on another board that I would rather watch a hunting video (or what they were calling a commercial) than this other worthless dribble on tv called "Reality Shows". And I would rather have my kids watching the hunts too. At least the hunting shows are entertaining.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by Booches
And as I said on another thread, they also promote the sport. Maybe because of those hunting shows, some young man will be inspired to start hunting. Or maybe a man who grew up hunting will recall the fond memories. We are in a battle with a PETA sympathetic media and suburban culture, and we will lose our hunting rights and privileges if these trends don't reverse. The hunting shows are the front porch to our sport, and I'm glad they are inviting the general public in to see the positives. I don't like the lack of fair chase etc . . . either, but our sport needs public relations, and that's the best we have right now! You don't have to watch them, but please support their sponsors. We need them to continue to pay for our public relations campaign!
I agree Booches...they are at the forefront of our sport, promoting what we all love....Just wish more of them did it the "hard" way, outside the fences!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Like I said on that some other thread, none of them peak my interest anymore. The overwhelming majority are so far from reality it aint even funny. If they help hunting, then that's great I guess but they still just bore me.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
booches, i agree on the peta thing but in the same boat .they do promote the sport,but do they do it any good?not in my book.when you get the same couple of people out hunting state after state and killing good bucks every time they go out and then they say it takes a lot of time and don't kill one every time they go out sometimes it takes a couple of days,must be a really big fence.lol kind of tells you something.heck i hunt about everyday here in bow season and if i kill two good bucks a year i am jumping up and down.if there would be more shows like primos and north american whitetail it would be alot better for everyone.i'm not against the knight and hale and sometimes wacth it,but i am not gonna buy any of their products just for the fact they are trying to pull something,maybe if they admit the ones that are canned,i'd feel i could trust them.i'm not agaist fence hunts thats up to the person and what they are hunting,but at least tell me.:cheers:

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
I only watch Reality TV. The Cartoon Channel.

Jack;)

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Well I like watching hunting shows, well when the Tour De France isn't clogging OLN's airways...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Coyotehunter:

I wish there were better shows on, and I certainly don't condone unethical practices. I wish theyd improve and I wish we had more of them. I think they need to quit getting so caught up in killing 150+ bucks, and show it from different more realistic vantage points.

However, I'm still glad they exist and help promote hunting.

·
just a no body
15,625 Posts
I watched a huntn show one time on the Outdoor chnl.. this numbnuts passd some spectacular bucks because he wanted something with "character".. I checked out the website of the place up in Wisconsin that he was hunting & sure enough it was a "ranch" So I wrote the show.

The reply went something like this...Most outfitters these days are pened areas so we make no apologies for what we did..I wrote back that I know every sponsor & will write them notifing them that I will no longer watch that program nor buy their product as long as they sponsor them... you guessed it ..they did'nt care.

Fargn barstages

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.