Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have first hand knowledge or experience with Kimber pistols? Not long guns---Pistols!

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
I have a friend who is a cop and owns a couple. He swears by em.

I'd be interested to hear Nicholas take on Kimbers. They are pricey.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Kimber Pistol

I have a Stainless Classic. It is a 5" .45. I really enjoy shooting it. They are very attractive guns as well. The gun is capable of much better accuracy than I am no more than I get to shoot.

·
Registered
13,832 Posts
First class pistols, I'd have some, but I'm a Colt-aholic. I'm trying to reform, though the doctor tells me that's why I have problems with my wrists now. 20+ years of pistol shooting, and ruined wrists (cartilege is damaged badly).

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
They are VERY nice pistols. They are TOP NOTCH. I have shot one of two .45's in two different competitions. The guns were owned by my friend. He SWEARS by them.

If you're looking at one, and have the money, GO FOR IT. :cheers:

Parker

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I am considering a 1911 type pistol. Still open to the make, but I have a problem with mostfactory triggers and I want to have a peep sight built for the pistol. Spoiled? Yes.
Crazy?Maybe not. I'm still killing squirrels with my MarkII at 71 yrs.(not as many as I used to, but some).

·
Registered
903 Posts
My step-dad has one. The 1911 style in the .45 and he absolutely loves it. I'm not a pistol nut, so I can't give specifics. He'd be the one to talk to about it. I did get to shoot it though. :D I can't hit the broad side of a barn. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
If it fits, then it is a sweet firearm. Try them first under the conditions you feel you may use it in, ie; ccw, target, etc.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by Poor Valley
Well, I am considering a 1911 type pistol. Still open to the make, but I have a problem with mostfactory triggers and I want to have a peep sight built for the pistol. Spoiled? Yes.
Crazy?Maybe not.
There are pleanty of brands to consider, Kimber being one of them. You also have the custom shops like Wilson, Nighthawk, Ed Brown, etc., and some of those companies will make it whichever way (your specs) you want. I have a Wilson, and recently added a Nighthawk. Fantastic 1911, but not easy on the wallet...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
my girlfriends step dad is a gun freak and has shot cometitively in the past. told me that they were supposed to be the best factory pistols you could buy, not saying that other companies dont make great guns. just say that w/o sending them to the custom shop they are the ticket. thats prolly why they come with that hefty price tag.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nicholas, this isn't a smart answer. The reasons I want a model 1911 are many and convulated. The reason I am exploring a Kimber is that I recently priced a Colt (not near top of the line)and quite frankly consider them over priced. Might as well go ahead and get something already tricked out to some extent.

·
Honey Badger Phat Sack
10,487 Posts
I own a couple of Kimbers and they are my two favorite guns-

I have a Gold Match II 1911 full frame which is nails and I have an 8400 classic in .270WSM which is a deer slayer. Fit and finsih on both is second to none on a mass produced firearm.

As far the 1911 unless you are going to go custom with an Brown or something of that nature, the Kimber 1911 is as close as you will get to custom.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.