Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...turkey with a bow. Hunted in Kansas and had a lot of action. Had several big gobblers that came close, but not close enough for me with archery equipment. Finally a jake came all the way to my decoy and I drilled him at 17 yards out.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Congrats Gamegetter on your first. And did you kill him with shorts on?

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
way to go joe

give us some more deatails
were you using a blind
were you shoot him at
did he drop on the spot or you have to watch him a while?

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Gamegetter way to go!:eek: Sorry I just now got back and looks like somebody already resized for you. Good.

Jack

·
Registered
21,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No Hayze, didn't shoot him with shorts on, but I was wearing the short sleeve shirt in the pic, from a blind with a bandana under my eyes. 90 freaking degrees and ticks everywhere. Tony, the jake was next to a decoy, but started getting nervous when I positioned my sights on him. He started walking away from the decoy, took two steps and I shot it in the back, the arrow exited just below the beard. I took some pictures of the entry and exit, but they are pretty graphic. The expandables blew a big hole through the bird. How's your little angel doing?

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Congrats on the bowkill!!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
Congrats. I may make a Kansas trip myself this year. Were you hunting public or private ground???

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
21,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mailman, just a shade under 6" beard, nubs for spurs, notched tail - jake for sure. Henry, private ground that a friend of mine put me on. He'll probably invite me back to hunt in May if I can afford the gas.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.