Kid's bow! WOW!

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by Monofletch, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Monofletch

Monofletch Senior Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Midwest
    I was looking for a bow that one of my 8 year old twins could shoot. With Christmas coming-Momma said to get her a bow.

After all the research I came up with this bow..........

BARNETT VORTEX Youth compound set. Magnesium riser-carbon limbs--rest-fiber optic sight--arrows. Just like a big boy bow! No plastic junk to break!

http://www.barnettcrossbows.com/product/vortex-jr

$124 shipped!!!!! (the best part)

[file]147888[/file]

2. MJO21

MJO21 Active Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Union, MO
    Nice work, and good research. I just looked at their link it says 16-45lbs in one frame then 30-45 lbs in another. just curious if it uses different limbs to get the different weight ranges.

MJO

3. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. Monofletch

Monofletch Senior Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Midwest
    [rquote=1896566&tid=131959&author=MJO21]Nice work, and good research. I just looked at their link it says 16-45lbs in one frame then 30-45 lbs in another. just curious if it uses different limbs to get the different weight ranges.

MJO[/rquote]
    When you put the shorter draw moduals on it I guess it lessons the weight some how. I will let you know. It should be here tomorrow.

5. Monofletch

Monofletch Senior Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Midwest
    I got this today. WOW! It is impressive! It is a scaled down bow for smaller archers-not just a kids bow!! My daughter is going to love it!!!
    2 really big thumbs up!

6. Monofletch

Monofletch Senior Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Midwest
    I just un packed it and adjusted the draw. Just like any other bow. I did have to add a few "upgrades". WB SureShot--Axiom sight--peep--D loop/ GT 3555 XT Hunters and a Cobra Green Mamba R1 release!
    There will be one happy little girl on Dec 25!!!