Kansas turkey tags arrgghhh

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by henry, Apr 18, 2006.

1. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I went to purchase kansas turkey tags on line. I installed the security plug as discribed and linked in the instructions. When I had paid and went to print the tags would'nt print. Me being the optomistic genius I am,, I installed adobe 7 and went back and purchased my sons tags also,,,,they too refused to print. I have now sent the state of kansas $260 via credit card and have no liscence or tags. The error message tells me I have already recieved my tags. I think I'm getting p!$$ed.:mad:

:cheers::cheers:

2. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Todd I think you best get on the phone tomorrow and call them. Kansas is also way behind on their administration of tag sales.:mad2:

Jack

3. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    todd i forgot to mention this it poped in my head when rick was talking about it
    i buy my small game tag each year online to hunt phesants and print and hunt no problems
    i know you can do the same in mo but in mo you can buy deer and turkey online but can't hunt till you acuallty get the tag in the mail. so basically it takes a week or so.
    you might check how ks is it would suck to try to by the day before you go and not be legal.
    although it sounds like your already in a pickle.

4. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Todd, I had the same problem. I called the hotline number and it is only manned during certain business hours.
    I was able to print out the screen that showed what I bought on credit card, you might try that. Two days later I finally got ahold of them on their hotline # and after being on hold for the next available person which took a long, long time - I finally talked to a person who faxed me a copy of my tags. Next time I'll just go to Cabela's in KC.

5. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    This doesn\'t sound good...

I was gonna buy mine on-line, tomorrow... :whinging:

From what I've been told, you have to buy your tags (at the very least) the day before your hunt.

Which gives me until Friday

6. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Yep! I'd be getting on the horn in the morning! I was VERY nervous about this when I was getting mine, but it worked for me. I even saved the document so I wouldn't have to buy replacements if I lost them.

Easy thing is, they should be able to fax you the tags just as gamegetter said.

They are trying to curb people from conterfeiting these by pointing out that it is a felony to do so. I still have to think that there's a lot of fakes running around. :roll2:

Parker

7. henry

In the middle of the night I woke up with a mental revelation. My mind told me that I bet the security plug you downloaded needed to be finished with a restart of the computer. Windows is normally good about prompting you when this is needed,,,but there was no prompt. I came in here with my coffee awhile ago to get on the forum,,,and low and behold my computer said it had automatically restarted to complete an important security download. Unfortunately it closed the gate after the horses got out, so I'll be on the phone with KWP this morning.

8. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

STUPID KANSAS:stickfight:

9. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Kansas has gone to a tag system similar to Missouri's this year. The transportation tag portion of the license is a pain though. Most of the Vendors think it is a pain in the :ass: so far. The phone connection to KDWP is slower than molasses in January.

Jack

10. KChunter

KChunter Senior Member

I had the same thing happen when I bought mine last week. I called the toll-free number and they emailed my tags to me.

11. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    well if it makes you feel any better i am getting ready to drive across town and get mine from southtown sporting goods in joplin. ok ok i am sure that didn't help but there are some advantages to living this far west in mo mo land.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

12. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    well todd, how did it turn out? carma being what it is it took me almost a half hour to get my tags which should only take a couple minutes at most. kansas machine did not want to cooperate in mo mo land today. glad there wasn't a line.

13. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    The phone lines into the KDWP are a pain in the :ass:. That's even when you are in Kansas and buying your tags. This is their first year for this so maybe it'll get better.

Jack

14. henry

Everything came out OK. I called this morning and they emailed them to me. I printed them off when I got home no problem. I still needed the download I screwed up on last nite,,but it was in place and everything printed as planned. Now if I can make my trip to Broken Bow nebraska without any hiccups, so I'm back at a decent time friday.

15. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    What good is a Kansas tag going to do you in Broken Bow Nebraska? :confused: Oh, you are trucking for Orsch and need to get back to go to Ks. I get it. :wave:

16. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    You talkin' to yourself again, GG?!

You asked a question, then answered it too...purdy good conversationalist, eh?!

:rotfl:

17. henry

It will keep me company while I'm scouting in Nebraska.

(I tell myself I'm scoutin,,so it don't seem so much like work)

:D:D

18. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

It will keep me company while I'm scouting in Nebraska.

(I tell myself I'm scoutin,,so it don't seem so much like work)

:D:D

:cheers::cheers: [/quote]

thats funny..kinda what I do when I'm in my Grader

OBTW...Kenny (Pepsi) says Hi & to tell you "he's just as lazy as he ever was"

19. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County

Thanks for the tip, Henry ~ I just bought my tags on-line (after downloading the plug-in & re-booting the 'puter), and everything went without a hitch...

What a relief ~ I didn't want to spend my afternoon tomorrow, running all over the Land of Oz, looking for a vendor.

Saved some $$$ in gas that way, too. I'll use it to buy you a round or two, next time we get together... :cheers:

20. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Have a grat trip Henry! Go "scout" them birds and get back so you can get out there!