Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried some hot weather turkey hunting in Kansas this weekend,,,,,,,,,,, all I can say is wow. Dispite the hot weather and wind the birds were very vocal and active in the mornings before it got real hot. I called in 1 bird saturday morning at least 350 yards across an open field. I missed a 40 yard shot partially because of operator error and partially because the rear site on my shotgun had moved up the rib about 3 inches.(I shot way over him) I called in another bird this morning and had a second bird gobbling and coming in from another direction when I shot him. I was done at 6:05 and on my way back to the motel , saw at least 6 more gobblers 4 of them were strutting. I was undecided about the on going debate about Mo's season being set to late in the year. After this trip I am sure that it is'nt. I would be more inclined to think that the areas that are not producing birds, is more to blame on turkey densities than it is on the timing of the season.

A side note, all my hunting took place on public land . I am planning on returning next season.

:cheers::cheers:

Attachments

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While I'm posting pic's here is one of hunter7x's second Missouri bird.

Attachments

·
Under appreciated
91,781 Posts
Congrats Todd!! Sounds like a great hunt!! :dancin::dancin::dancin:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Nice Pics and congratulations again Henry.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Todd, once again great job and congratulations!!:cheers::cheers::cheers: I was suppose to go with Todd this weekend but a pressing matter came up that required me to stay home.:frown: I told Todd that he'd score for sure seein' as how I had to stay home. I've never hunted turkeys this late myself as I usually have all my birds by this time. I'm glad to see that the birds worked in the heat and so late in the season. Gives me hope for next year already.

Jack

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Some good lookin birds there!!

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by JackJr
I'm glad to see that the birds worked in the heat and so late in the season. Gives me hope for next year already.

Jack
If you have alittle time tuesday and or wednsday there is still time .

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Todd, can't tomorrow but if nothing else comes along maybe Wednesday to my place that isn't too far.

Jack

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hope all this rain (if they are getting it) does'nt keep them out of the tilled fields. If it does'nt get real muddy it won't. If ya get a chance to go,,,good luck and congrats in advance:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.