Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I arrived in Kansas and was welcomed w/ lots of wind and cold temps. After getting all settled in and grabbin a quick bite to eat I got out for a afternoon hunt and I quickly realized I didn't have enough clothes on. Needless to say I froze!! The night wasn't all bad though I did get to see several does and even got to see a real nice 9pt. that was just a little too far for me to try w/ the smokepole. I wasn't expecting to get a hunt in today, so I'll consider it a bonus and I will dress warmer tommorrow and things are going to get serious. I keep ya posted.

·
Grrrrrrr
30,043 Posts
Good luck....I think you are hitting the KS woods at just the right time to put down a good one.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
brrr windy and cold in kansas ,sounds fun.good luck:cheers:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I'm bout to turn in fer the evening but once again COLD! but well worth it! No deer down but WOW! lots of good movement. This evening the deer were really pouring into the ag fields and I actually saw 3 different shooters but no shots fired. I am really wishing I had a rifle right now to extend my range. I have a plan for tommorrow though that I hope will put them in range for the 'ol smokepole. Lots of flat open ground with limited trees suitable for a stand. I plan on getting tucked away along a drainage ditch that has a little 2-3ft. tall grass along it for cover. The deer seem to follow the ditch for quite aways before breaking off into different areas of the field. I would try and move into the creek bottom where they seem to be originating from but I'm afraid that I would do more harm than good. I will save the desperate measures for more desperate times. Until then I'll stick w/ the light pressure and use more aggressive tactics for later. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will all come together and I'll get home in time to enjoy some of my weekend w/ my family.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.