Kansas Opener Anyone?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Landlover, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Landlover

Landlover Active Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Just wondering who else is hunting KS this year. I always enjoy hunting over there. They are a lot more liberal with their turkey over there. You can hunt all day, kill both of your birds the same day, and the season starts before and ends after MO. I am hunting just north of Ottawa KS in Franklin Co. I will be back tomorrow sometime and keep you folks updated. I hope I have some good stories and pictures for ya!

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

How much do tags cost out there these days? Are you hunting private ground or public? Good luck to ya

3. Landlover

Landlover Active Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    I bought my tags over the internet and they were $130.64. You have to buy your tags 24 hours in advance of your hunt and I thought I would pay the extra $7 so I wouldn't have to buy the gas! That price includes your nonresident hunting license which is $70. $123 is how much your tag is if you buy it over the counter.

I am hunting on private property.

4. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    I plan to hunt Kansas turkeys in a few days. Hope to get one with my bow.

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Geesh, that's almost half what we pay in Iowa....200 bucks, for one bird!!! I believe I'll try Kansas meself next year!!!

6. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Good luck and don't forget the camera.

7. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    kansas is full of them things. i will probably wait a week until the turkeys start working well to head over there.

8. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    I'm heading out this afternoon for an evening hunt. Couldn't convince the boss to let me off work today.

9. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Good luck to you Jake.. we're counting on you!! lol

10. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    hopefully I'll be off in time to hunt tonite. I wear camo all day long so I only have to change my shirt and hat and my hunting area is on my way home. I hunt public land and have more competion from othr turkeys than ever do hunters.

11. X Bow T

X Bow T Original Cafe'Member

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
    My bro is headed to Salina on the 22nd.:cheers: All

12. KChunter

KChunter Senior Member

I'll be out Saturday. Hunting near Sabetha which is about an hour west of St. Joe. This is my first opportunity to hunt the property, and my first Kansas turkey hunt for that matter. I spent a couple hours driving the property (about 240 acres) two weeks ago and counted eight gobblers and eight jakes. Should be a good hunt, if I can avoid Saturday's forcasted severe whether. I've already got the camera in my vest.