Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who else is hunting KS this year. I always enjoy hunting over there. They are a lot more liberal with their turkey over there. You can hunt all day, kill both of your birds the same day, and the season starts before and ends after MO. I am hunting just north of Ottawa KS in Franklin Co. I will be back tomorrow sometime and keep you folks updated. I hope I have some good stories and pictures for ya!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by Landlover
Just wondering who else is hunting KS this year. I always enjoy hunting over there. They are a lot more liberal with their turkey over there. You can hunt all day, kill both of your birds the same day, and the season starts before and ends after MO. I am hunting just north of Ottawa KS in Franklin Co. I will be back tomorrow sometime and keep you folks updated. I hope I have some good stories and pictures for ya!
How much do tags cost out there these days? Are you hunting private ground or public? Good luck to ya

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought my tags over the internet and they were $130.64. You have to buy your tags 24 hours in advance of your hunt and I thought I would pay the extra $7 so I wouldn't have to buy the gas! That price includes your nonresident hunting license which is $70. $123 is how much your tag is if you buy it over the counter.

I am hunting on private property.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Geesh, that's almost half what we pay in Iowa....200 bucks, for one bird!!! I believe I'll try Kansas meself next year!!!

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
kansas is full of them things. i will probably wait a week until the turkeys start working well to head over there.

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
Good luck to you Jake.. we're counting on you!! lol

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
hopefully I'll be off in time to hunt tonite. I wear camo all day long so I only have to change my shirt and hat and my hunting area is on my way home. I hunt public land and have more competion from othr turkeys than ever do hunters.

·
Original Cafe'Member
1,723 Posts
My bro is headed to Salina on the 22nd.:cheers: All

·
2,458 Posts
I'll be out Saturday. Hunting near Sabetha which is about an hour west of St. Joe. This is my first opportunity to hunt the property, and my first Kansas turkey hunt for that matter. I spent a couple hours driving the property (about 240 acres) two weeks ago and counted eight gobblers and eight jakes. Should be a good hunt, if I can avoid Saturday's forcasted severe whether. I've already got the camera in my vest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.