Just shot at a nice buck

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Jeremy, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    Think I missed though, he didn't run off like he was hit. Came in checking scrapes, 30 yard shot but I couldn't see where the arrow went. If my cam is working I should have a trail cam pic of him. He walked right in front of it if nothing else.

Here's a pic of my morning set up and my broken nock...yay

[file]147530[/file]

[file]147532[/file]
    [file]147534[/file]
    [file]147536[/file]

2. Modeerhunter

Modeerhunter New Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Gasconade County
    Did you call your wife and tell her you missed before you told the rest of the free world? Wouldn't want you getting in any trouble Jeremy. :hysterical:

3. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    Let us know what the arrow looks like. Hope you find lots of bubbly blood on it.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    I just can't catch a break here!!!! Found the arrow. No blood, nock busted off flush with the arrow shaft. Makes sense why I missed and the bow was a bit louder than it should have been. Ugh. Back in the stand I go, still early

5. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    Now I just hope the cam snapped a pic of him....oh well.

6. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    u did not miss, you merely suggested that certain buck relocate as not to mess you up when the biggun comes strollin on in

7. brad7623

brad7623 Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Arnold
    That was the biggun and he's gonna cry when he sees the pic of him lol.

I kid i kid hope you get a monster today...

Brad

8. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    He was THE biggum, there's bigger runnin around here. Just gonna sit here and chill for a while and hope for the best. Took the morning off work to get one last bowhunt in.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    Wasn't I meant

10. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    Bummer man. Atleast you finally seen a shooter though. My huddy just texted me said he stuck his biggest buck. Hewas sitting on the ground and shot him at 15 yards. He said theres a good blood trail so hopefully he is going to text me saying he needs help dragging in a bit.

11. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    Never know, your out there and that is half the fun:cheers:

12. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    At least it was a clean miss, I'll take a clean miss over an bad hit any day of the week

13. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Did you figure out just why your nock broke? I'd be worried about that while you are sitting there listening to the birdies sing.

:thinking:

14. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    Yeah, I was having problems with the gold tip nocks that came on these arrows. Called gold tip a while back and told them about it and theytold me they thought they had a bad run of nocks so they sent me 2 new packs. I installed all new nocks and hadn't had any problems but apparently it reared it's ugly head at the moment of truth. I now have the arrow I shot my yote with on the string. Thing is I've practiced a lot with these nocks and didn have a problem with the replacements they sent me. This is the last bow hunt until end of rifle season so I'm just gonna go with it and get some different ones before late archery season.

15. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    [rquote=1891096&tid=131721&author=Jeremy]Yeah, I was having problems with the gold tip nocks that came on these arrows. Called gold tip a while back and told them about it and theytold me they thought they had a bad run of nocks so they sent me 2 new packs. I installed all new nocks and hadn't had any problems but apparently it reared it's ugly head at the moment of truth. I now have the arrow I shot my yote with on the string. Thing is I've practiced a lot with these nocks and didn have a problem with the replacements they sent me. This is the last bow hunt until end of rifle season so I'm just gonna go with it and get some different ones before late archery season.[/rquote]

One Word..........CarbonExpressMaximaHunter

16. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    Greatly taken into consideration. Last year I had an arrow split in 2 upon release, swore I'd never use those again. Bought gold tips, now this.

17. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    [rquote=1891110&tid=131721&author=Mailman][rquote=1891096&tid=131721&author=Jeremy]Yeah, I was having problems with the gold tip nocks that came on these arrows. Called gold tip a while back and told them about it and theytold me they thought they had a bad run of nocks so they sent me 2 new packs. I installed all new nocks and hadn't had any problems but apparently it reared it's ugly head at the moment of truth. I now have the arrow I shot my yote with on the string. Thing is I've practiced a lot with these nocks and didn have a problem with the replacements they sent me. This is the last bow hunt until end of rifle season so I'm just gonna go with it and get some different ones before late archery season.[/rquote]

One Word..........CarbonExpressMaximaHunter[/rquote]
    Dadakota and I were talking last night about arrahs some, and he and I both have these arrows Bill.... and we've both had nocks pop off brand news arrahs'. :wave:

18. leasburg

leasburg Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    dont make exscuses jermey we all miss sometimes :claphands:

19. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    Oh, I'll admit if I missed on my own, trust me, I'm none too thrilled my nap bloodrunner just got run through sand and rocks instead of lungs

20. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    [rquote=1891115&tid=131721&author=Wings Fan 19][rquote=1891110&tid=131721&author=Mailman][rquote=1891096&tid=131721&author=Jeremy]Yeah, I was having problems with the gold tip nocks that came on these arrows. Called gold tip a while back and told them about it and theytold me they thought they had a bad run of nocks so they sent me 2 new packs. I installed all new nocks and hadn't had any problems but apparently it reared it's ugly head at the moment of truth. I now have the arrow I shot my yote with on the string. Thing is I've practiced a lot with these nocks and didn have a problem with the replacements they sent me. This is the last bow hunt until end of rifle season so I'm just gonna go with it and get some different ones before late archery season.[/rquote]

One Word..........CarbonExpressMaximaHunter[/rquote]
    Dadakota and I were talking last night about arrahs some, and he and I both have these arrows Bill.... and we've both had nocks pop off brand news arrahs'. :wave:[/rquote]

They are not glued on......they are to be tuned to your bowsting. They can be turned by fingers. Just have to take care when taking them off your string when done hunting or the nock will stay on the string. The bull collar holds them in place while shooting but if you hit an angle iron on a target at the range both will pop off on impact. In other words....they are tunable to keep your fletching clear of your rest.

:smiley: