Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my farm neighbors just called and said his brother heard some shots back behind his house near my place and it was after dark so he decided to go see about it some idiots were setting in the road and sped off he couldnt get a license number but got a good discription of the truck, they called the agent and he came over and sure enough about 50 yards south of my line they had shot a nice 10 point buck in the guts twice, my neighbor and the agent found the deer it wasnt dead yet so they finished it off and gave it to a neighbor so it didnt go to waste, he said it was probably a 21/2 year old buck , and had lots of potential for next year
the agent said with the cold weather thats about all he saw today was people in trucks , I had been up to the farm till about 2 myself wish I would have stayed maybe I could have helped catch the low life, , the agent lives in our area so he really takes it personal when it happens in his back yard so to speak it wouldnt surprise me if he doesnt work all night looking for this truck, if he catches them it wont be pretty, as I was typing this my neighbor just called and they caught the low lifes, there were three in the truck and Im pretty sure it is not going to be pretty when they get done with them, my wife just made a good point its not only the idea that they shot the deer from the road but we are up there all the time what if they missed the deer and hit one of us, Lots of people might have bad things about the MDC but I think our agents are top notch, and I sure wouldnt want them looking for me, I know two of the three they didnt need the meat one was driving a new pickup they were just being stupid, and it is going to be expensive stupid.

·
Lunch break commander
8,344 Posts
:superman:go mister agent. hope he gets somemore

·
17,685 Posts
rmr I'd be madder than a hornet myself!!!! You and Mrs. rmr work hard to have what you have and some :soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox: wants to do illegal shooting deer. I sure hope they fry the :soapbox:'s for this

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,231 Posts
I hope the courts are tough on them. Thats just the same as stealing if you ask me.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i plan on makin a point of following up on this one, I take it very personal, I have a stand that is right in line with where they shot I could have been bow hunting and getting down or walking out and been in the line of fire, these guys are old enough to no better werent hungry they were just plain being stupid.

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,704 Posts
No tolerance for this at all. Glad to hear the agent caught up with them.:2thumbsup:

·
PURE KILLER
37,999 Posts
makem clean trash off the road with roadhunters signs tied around their necks

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Take their guns, truck they were driving, big fines and no hunting for 10 years. Plus a little public humiliation:mad2:

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Originally posted by coyotehunter
makem clean trash off the road with roadhunters signs tied around their necks
yep, i like that idea, just like the judge that gives thieves a choice of sentencing. walk in front of the store you stole from wearing a big sign saying that ya stole from there, or jail time. only they should make these guys walk around the deer expo in columbia all weekend wearing their "I'm a roadhunting poacher" signs.

·
8,793 Posts
Glad to hear that you caught them. Way to go MDC

·
Registered
21,225 Posts
Sorry to hear the first part of the story. Glad to hear the agent found the poachers. Hope they hit them hard enough to make it hurt to the point they will not ever think about doing it again. Kudos to the agent. :eek::

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Alot of people just dont give a darn anymore. I have never and will never shoot at one out of a truck. Injuring or killing someone of a stinking old deer would be more than I could bare.:whinging::boohoo:

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
you all do realize with the system we operate under your hunting privilege is like a driver's license. with each incident you get so many points and it takes however many before they hammer you. that is the problem, there is no punishment that fits the crime so this problem will continue. glad they caught them though, if nothing else get one of them started in the system.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts