Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well time for me whine a minute;

Started whenever somebody posted about poison ivy last week or so. I opened my big mouth and said I must be immune because I don't react to it, WRONG-- I had just started to rash up at the GTG and itch and it is itching pretty good right now, have it everywhere even my downstairs, and to top it off there is just 2 days to the opener and I have a wicked cold starting, scratchy throat and cough, massive headaches, and body aches.

Just my luck I guess.

K I'm done now.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
man that sucks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am right there with you. I managed to avoid my 3rd case of the year for the last two months, but picked it up again Friday night I guess. All up and down my legs. This has been the worst poison ivy year I have ever seen - it is absolutely everywhere!!!!!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
I agree! There is ivy EVERYWHERE on the farm I'm hunting.

Amazingly, I made it through the last two times of putting up stands without getting any. That's a change.....I've had it 4 times this summer! :stickfight:

Parker

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
It is thick here also. So far I have managed to avoid it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
:whinging:Chiggars are out now, too. I went up to the barn yesterday to get out the "Block", bow and extras. Saw a 5' tall musk thistle in the fenceline behind the barn so I decided to pull it up. I'm wearing a t-shirt, shorts, sneakers w/o socks. So after I pull this one I decide to do a walk around of the whole north side of my place. I end up pulling about 20. Did I mention I forgot my gloves? This morning I have hands that look like pin cushions and a ring of chiggar bites around each ankle. :banghead:

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did the chigger thing a few weeks back, first time ever dealing with them. With the way things are going so far my luck would have running into a bees nest opening morning in the dark.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
man i hate chiggers,remember one time i went to old farm pond fishing in tennis shoes got home and started itching,had over 150 on my ankles and feet and if one itched they all itched:mad2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.