Just bought me an Ol' Man hang on

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear (General)' started by Mailman, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Just ordered an Ol' Man "The Roost" fixed-position tree stand. I have 4 other hang ons but I've decided that the arms on the side will give me more security from falling plus the net type seat will slide back out of the way when I want it to instead of having to reach down and flip up the seat so I can put my back to the tree giving me a slimmer profile against the tree. I should have it in 3 to 6 days coming from Indiana. It was an online only item from Dicks Sporting Goods plus I used a $25 off coupon. I like the chain system it uses compared to the nylon straps that can rot over time. Most of my stands are up 4 to 5 and more months a year.

http://www.olmanoutdoors.com/stands/fixed/Roost

[file]143261[/file]

2. Son_of_Cold_Duck

Son_of_Cold_Duck 1:8655 idiots right Red?

Dec 16, 2008
    i\'m skeeered
    does it come with tennis balls for the feet? :confused:

3. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    All I can say is....Uncle Ted likes them...:shrug:

4. Mad-Shooter

Mad-Shooter New Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Montrose, MO
    I have an Ol' Man climber with the net seat......I love it! Very comfy.:eek::

5. yankee

yankee Senior Member

sooooo let me get this right MM you bought an ole amn hang on for the ole man:scared::scared: stand looks good

6. bowbender

bowbender Active Member

I have been considering some of those. I like the chain better than the strap. And I was thinking about sliding the net seat just like you said
    . Does it also flip up??

7. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Got the stand by UPS on Friday. Not bad from Indiana...Ordered Monday and got it Friday...and the shipping was free. Only assembly is slipping on the arm rests and that is just sliding inside a tube until the two locking pins pop through the pin holes. Plenty of chain for even the biggest of trees. You can flip the arm rest down out of the way if you want or even flip the whole seat up out of the way as long as the tree is narrower than your buttockal area of the seat (30").

All I need now is for Thursday to get here so I can go hang it.

We shall see how it rates in the "Z" factor. :bored:

8. kevthebassman

kevthebassman New Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Eureka
    Looks good! I may have to look into getting one of those. I get too uncomfortable on my cheapie hang-on stands, and get too comfortable in climbers like the Summit Viper (I think that's the stand), slept the whole hunt away in that dang thing, was like a hammock!