Just a safety note!

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by TOBRYAN, Apr 12, 2006.

1. TOBRYAN

TOBRYAN Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    I know the ground is prime in most of the state for farm work.
    Becareful in the country for the tractors pulling buggies, planters and other big implements.
    Slow down and watch out while driving!

Now as the mossey oak commercial says lets get some dirt underneath your finger nails!!

Happy food plotting!!

2. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Good tip TOBRYAN, a buddy of mine ran into the back of a combine a few years ago on a bike at night...he walked away, but the story very easily could have had a different ending.

3. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Good point. We have plenty of the horse n buggy's around here.

4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Cfrazee can attest to this, but when I was in high school, there was plenty of horse-drawn buggy traffic on 190 (or whatever they call that road nowadays) out side of chilli on your way to Jamesport. I had a friend in highschool that rammed the back of one with his brand new z28 camaro... everyone was alright but you gotta watch those hills and curves!

5. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Some of ya'll know this better than I do but driving big machinery on blacktop is a pretty nerve-racking thing to do.

A guy that I occasionally do some work for farms here around Jeff City and also leases land at Eagle Bluffs CA up at McBaine. He transports equipment up and back about 4 times a year. At 18-20mph that's a long trip. Depending on traffic it takes between 2 hrs 45 minutes and 3 hrs 15 min. Have done that SEVERAL times. People that haven't driven those machines don't realize how BIG and clumsy they are. It's not always an option to pull over or hang off the shoulder. Especially if you're pulling an implement.

Good topic.

6. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    Great reminder. The farmers in my neck of the woods are hitting it pretty hard.