Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Except for maybe topping the clover again,, and brush hoggin the sunflowers in late august or early sept, your just about down to the part where you hunt over these plots. They are looking pretty darn good.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
looks like some good food there rmr...the corn looks a little thin in the beans...deer probably won't mind though.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pinwheel I planted the flowers April 23,
Thayer, the beans in the bottom are about 50 % volunteer
In the thin spots I spotted in with seed beans I got from the conservation dept. and there was some left over corn
seed form a earlier planting so I just left it in the planter thus the thin stand of corn.also i didnt want the corn to thick in that spot because its where I gun hunt and I want to
be able to see all the way across the field.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Everything looks good rmr....I'd say mow those flowers about a week before Sept 1, the little lovey dovey's oughta just roll on in!!!! Can't wait to heat up the Benelli meself!!!!!

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
Everything looks good rmr....I'd say mow those flowers about a week before Sept 1, the little lovey dovey's oughta just roll on in!!!! Can't wait to heat up the Benelli meself!!!!!
I'm with ya on that,,,,,,,,,,,,if time allows, I will burn up some shotgun ammo in Kansas this year too. We have found some super dove hunting on public ground out there in the past.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Lookin pretty darn good to me!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.