Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I been gone for awhile, Mydaughter got married
last Sat. and Been a wee bit busy with that, I took this week off and guess what its 100 every day this week. the A/C
on my old 3020 wasnt working the best today, oh yea It
doesnt have A/C. :frown::whinging: but if you got time and things to do cant let alittle heat get in the way.
I mowed my clover against my better judgement but hte weeds are getting bad and i dont want them to go to seed and the clover is starting to go dormat so I raised the mower up as high as I could and mowed it anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Looks like you sprung a leak there rmr. About 2 weeks ago I was in the area of your farm and saw a huge buck about a mile from your property. Looked like a 10 pt and I would have to say he was pushing 150 already. He was in a neighbors bean field with 2 8pts and a spike.

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,252 Posts
Looks good rmr.

Smokin' it's going to depend on the weed. Luckily they will head out throughout the entire spring and summer, so cutting early, like on May 1, and again on June 15, seems to keep most at bay. Cutting high like rmr did to not cut the clover is important.

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Man Rmr how much N did you put on that corn...looks great!!
Everything looks great and your flowers are going to put out ample seed for some great Dove shoots!!

great job!
mother nature and the wildlife applaud when you come in the field!!:eek:

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Obryan not really that much, I put about 400 lbs of 12-12-12-
on the corn bean mix in the Crp about 2 A and none in the bottom and it has a good color also.
I think it is getting some N from the Beans plus until this week it has been ideal growing conditions. this week has been hard on things but the corn is not curling yet
and if we can make it till Friday it is supposed to cool off.
Riverbottom yes I did spring a leak. there was not a dry stitch
on me.
I went again today and mowed some Crp and disc
some fall plot ground and there was actually some moisture
in the ground. I was getting along pretty good until i had mower trouble and then I got really hot working on it so I quit about 1. boys and Girls be very careful out there you can get yourself in trouble in a hurry . I wasnt very smart today i was a mile from any where by myself. When I thought how stupid that was I Quit.
Pray for rain we will need it after this week.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,533 Posts
Mrb,
Everything looks real good there. Your right, we couldn't ask for better growing weather this year. Even this real hot is not bad, so long as we get some rain. I've always heard corn likes warm weather. I'm really itchin to go to the farm & look things over & take some pics. Supposed to pick up a chisel plow tomorrow that I bought. Gonna start working the firebreak around my CRP. Supposed to cool down Fri-Sun so maybe I can get it done then.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
awesome!!!!!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.