Jug or noodle lines

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by archer66, May 30, 2009.

1. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    I've been seeing a lot of jug and noodles tied to trees. At MTL this week someone had about 30 of em scattered along the main channel. I didn't get close enough to look at how they did it but wouldn't a big fish straiten the hook on one of those unless you tie it with something to give the line some give?? Surely a noodle jug wouldnt be bouyant enough to keep a big ole flathead or blue from bending a hook?? I made a bunch of noodle rigs and plan to float em one evening then when I'm ready to go home I was gonna tether em to trees to be legal. I planned on using heavy tarp straps as part of the tether to keep big fish from getting away....bad idea?? How do you folks do it?

2. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

Noodles work really well..

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Yep they wont straigten the hookes out "normally" as the noodles give some give and take to keep that from happeneing

4. Gakic24

you will have some pull the noodle under but it wont stay under long... you will have to chase it down... that is half the fun.

5. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    I was making the exact same comments when we were out there Archer.

I'd hope the person setting that way is just planning on catching eaters, cause they're going to lose some bigger fish if they're using the right bait.

Parker

6. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    [rquote=1280626&tid=89603&author=Gakic24]you will have some pull the noodle under but it wont stay under long... you will have to chase it down... that is half the fun.[/rquote]

That's the deal dude. They were tying them up and not leaving any slack line, so the noodle wasn't going to do much for them.

Parker

7. Gakic24

they are great for channels

8. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    jug o wine, some ramen noodles....i like the idea:claphands:

9. Gakic24

[rquote=1280639&tid=89603&author=knockemdeadd]jug o wine, some ramen noodles....i like the idea:claphands:[/rquote]

[file]59010[/file]

10. knockemdeadd

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    what do they call this thing with jugs and noodles, limb lines and the like?

sure cant call it fishin.......:peepwall:

11. Gakic24

[rquote=1280644&tid=89603&author=knockemdeadd]
    what do they call this thing with jugs and noodles, limb lines and the like?

sure cant call it fishin.......:peepwall:[/rquote]

Make a thread adressed to someone who might know..

Like the:

[file]59012[/file]

12. knockemdeadd

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    better not, then the goaters....er....juggers...er....limbers.....er....noodlers, would be even madder at us:boohoo:

13. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    i was gonna try the innertube thingy tied to a tree but it was a little bit crowded there this week and figured i didn't want anybody else benefitting from my hard work:Dole doc always had real good luck with that.but he also had them rigged at a certain depth when the fished hit it and stretched the tube out. it also undid a staple that let out another six feet of line which put the flatty on the bottom and if you can get a flatty to sit on the bottom he will sitting there waiting on yah to pull him up and then the fight is on:woot:

14. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    [rquote=1280672&tid=89603&author=coyotehunter]i was gonna try the innertube thingy tied to a tree but it was a little bit crowded there this week and figured i didn't want anybody else benefitting from my hard work:Dole doc always had real good luck with that.but he also had them rigged at a certain depth when the fished hit it and stretched the tube out. it also undid a staple that let out another six feet of line which put the flatty on the bottom and if you can get a flatty to sit on the bottom he will sitting there waiting on yah to pull him up and then the fight is on:woot:[/rquote]

Yote I that's the one thing I don't like about trotline fishing is that someone may find my sets and clean em off for me. Can't say for sure I've had it happen but I always tie my lines under water so they have to actually get on the right tree to find em...or get em while jigging or casting. I really like using tree poles and like the idea of using noodles but since a fish on one of those is pretty obvious I only do it when I can make sure I get to the lake at first light the next morning. Also don't want someone helping themselves to my jugs or tree poles....those aren't particularly cheap to put together and I don't wanna lose em.
    I might have to try that extra line idea...I always make mine short so a fish can't wrap me around things but if there ain't much there that could work...

15. knockemdeadd

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    so, when you guys actually get a fish on there, do you hook it to a rod and reel?:pop:

16. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Hey knockemdeaddddddd when you figure out how to get a pile of snow geese without a shotgun lemme know and we'll talk.......:blah::blah::cheers:

17. knockemdeadd

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    why would i want THAT ?:eek:

18. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1280765&tid=89603&author=archer66]Hey knockemdeaddddddd when you figure out how to get a pile of snow geese without a shotgun lemme know and we'll talk.......:blah::blah::cheers:[/rquote]

simple..

400 pounds of corn covering a remote detinated c-4

:D

19. knockemdeadd

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1280765&tid=89603&author=archer66]Hey knockemdeaddddddd when you figure out how to get a pile of snow geese without a shotgun lemme know and we'll talk.......:blah::blah::cheers:[/rquote]

.22s:sniper: