Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set out 9, 5 hook jug lines two weeks ago down river from Waverly. It was the same weekend as the US Cats tournament in Lexington. I went back early Sunday morning (0700), and I found two jugs lines cut. They were both cut about 6-8 inches below the jug. It was a very clean cut, so I know it was a knife. I am not accussing anyone of cheating, but someone impartial should have been at the weigh in.

Its a good thing I didn't catch whomever it was, I would have taken them to jail.

My dad and I did catch 5 fish including a 45 pound blue.

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Just so you know-----I dont know if your were tied off or not.

This regulation differentiates between anchored jug lines, which are attached to a fixed point, and unanchored jug lines, which float freely. Complying with this regulation will reduce the loss and waste of fish that drag unanchored lines away and eventually die on the hook.

"Personally attended" means that the angler whose name is labeled on the jug line:

* is in visual sight of and close proximity to the jug line
* can see the jug bob and move when a fish is hooked and can retrieve it
* can see and talk to a conservation agent checking the line
* can get the attention of or deter anyone who is tampering with the jug line.
:cheers::cheers:

If really sucks if anyone steals fish from any type of equipment that does not belong to them!:stickfight:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Wad aboat one of dem long nosed Gars!:eek: They could saw right through any line!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Originally posted by Plasticman
Originally posted by Snowman
Wad aboat one of dem long nosed Gars!:eek:
The line will fray-----it will not appear to have been cut iffin one of them ritters starts chewing on it-----:rotfl:
OOPS sorry Pman I forgot to put the :D after my post! :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been and fishing for a long time, I can tell the if a line is cut or not. Yes, all my lines are legal, they were anchored with windows weights. I can tell if it was a fish or a boat, it was cut. If I find out who did it they will go to jail and have to post a nice bond.

·
Registered
961 Posts
this happens to me alot! it is very agravating, its alot of work to get things set up the way you like it and then come back to see things cut! i know alot of people sets lines and just leave them and it makes it look bad on us who take care of our lines.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
kind of ticks yah off don't it.i remember one time we had a trot line and jugs out up on marktwain.we were just collecting our last jug.when a boat pulled up to the trot line and starting taking fish off it.since we were about fifty yards away,we just let them work across and watched them till they were about done and pulled up beside them and asked them if they were having any luck on the trot line.they said he## yes they are really biting,got some really good ones.thats when i told them if they read the name on the trot line it would be the same name that is on my drivers license in that i have in the billfold in my pocket.their mouths just about hit the bottom of the boat and new they were busted and starting getting mouthy and stuff starting hitting the fan.jumped over in their boat and smacked one of littlle sum of bit#'s and then my buddy jumped over and went after the other one,but he jumped out the boat and swam for shore.before he could get him.well after a few :horse: he starting saying how sorry he was and he would never do it again.i told him if i ever even see the sucker on this lake i would be the holy crap out of him everytime. i then had to ask him to drive his boat over to ours since we had drifted a couple of hundred yards away.:Dwe got our fish out of his boat and he took off like a rocket without his buddy never did figure out where he went to.don't know if it cured that lowlife ,but i bet he a whole lot more jumpier when he is doing it.:D

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,284 Posts
A buddy of mine over in IL is having that problem with someone cutting his lines and taking fish. I'd hate that person if he catches him.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Coyote Hunter, I like your story wish I would have caught them. What's bad, this was my dad's (62) first time trotlining with me on the river. PMan and Shooter 22, these are not Jug Lines like your are thinking off, these are what we call vertical trotlines, they are attached with a weight, therefore they can be checked every 24 hours. You guys ought to try them, you can put them anywhere and they are very effective.

Thanks Guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.