Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JMMcGuire beat me to my next post...I was warming evryone up for \"Why do you shoot the brand you shoot?

Is there a bow that you have your eye on?

If you had one thousand dollars to spend on your rig, What would you buy?

Seems to me that the most popular bow so far is Mathews, (which I happen to highly recomend) followed by Hoyt.

Ok Let the arguing begin........:pop:

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I shoot a 2000 Mathews Q2.

When I bought it at Mikes Bait and Tackle in Old St. Peters back in 2000 I had shot everything else and just found that this bow was by far the quietest and smoothest shooter there was at the time. The price was a bit high but I feel like spending the dough to buy the best on something like this is well worth it.

I have not looked at bows since I bought it and have no plans to do so anytime soon. They way I look at it, spending 700 plus on a bow aint so bad if you are going to keep it for 15 plus years. I dont get how some guys buy a new bow every year. I like it when I have had something long enough to be totally comfortable with it. Comfort and Confidence is everything when it comes to nailing a bruiser at 30 yards.

Besides, since i bought it, I am 6 for 6 with it so why would I look anywhere else??????????:banana:

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are the top 3 bows in your opinion.

Here's mine.......

1.Mathews
2.Hoyt
3.PSE

·
Registered
903 Posts
Top 3?

Awefully subjective. Just depends on what you like in a bow...fast, quiet, forgiving, smooth, etc. There are lots of great bows out there.

My own preferences:

1.)Hoyt
2.)PSE
3.) (I'd look really closely at Ross)

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
1. Bowtech Pro 40 Dually (If you can get your hands on one)
2. Bowtech Black Knight Dually
3. Bowtech (Any with the bianary cam system)

That's my top three, and they are great bows! You may have to replace a limb, but they are quiet and super fast, and the Pro 40 gives you a 7 1/4 brace height, and still sends an arrow at 336 fps. You can't beat that with a big stick.

BTH

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
I'm prejudice against any bow thats not a PSE. when I was 14-15 yrs old I shot alot (average over 50 arrows a day)(couldnt tell on my last 3-d shoot:banghead: ) but anyway I just plain wore out a bear and a darton in one summer. I got a PSE and shot it alot and had no problems except wearing out string servings. I had that bow from 1995 till last year. thats why I bought another PSE I got the firestorm this time only 30.5 inchs axle to axle and shoots better than me. I'm sure other bows are just as good and might be better but I'll stick to the brand I trust.:dancin:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
If I had a grand to spend on a bow.....it sho wouldn't be sumptin I'd have to replace limbs on...lol!!!!! I'd buy a custom longbow...Maybe a Morrison, or Black Widow...And I'd be plenty happy shootin somewhere near or under 200 fps....lol:pop:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
yea fireman I hear you, that bow of yours is a sweet one for sure.

BTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.