Jig building, so easy a ..........

Discussion in 'Fishing Gear & Tackle' started by Johnny, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.
    5 year old can do it :eek:

We were cleaning the shop this afternoon and out of the blue, Christian says "Dad, I've been thinking about a purple perch jig all day". He pretty much had my full attention right then and he went on to say "it has to have green, purple and chartreuse in it".

Didn't take me long to decide that we had best build this jig that he's been thinking about "ALL DAY" :D

Mom thinks he spends way too much time in the shop with us, I'm thinking he's spending just the right amount of time out there!!

Attached Files:

2. Tuffke

Tuffke Active Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Link to your site again?

3. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.

Here's a link to the website but these jigs will not be on there until late next week. We're trying to get ready for the turkey hunt now and just took a short pause to build him his jig.

http://www.megachomplureco.com

4. wiser1

wiser1 Trash Picker

Apr 15, 2013
    Jefferson county
    A Add some tube jigs to the line up

5. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    Children of that age are still "free thinkers" or "think outside of the box". Society and in this case a pic of a jig/lure in the "latest" fishing mag. hasn't crept into your Sons mind as of yet. I absolutely applaud the support that you showed your son by assisting him with his new jig creation. Savor that time... it goes way to fast...

6. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.

Couldn't agree more. We've built several of his creations, this is the first of many keepers though :D

7. bluecan

bluecan Long time listener, first time caller

I like that color a lot! Good job little man!

8. MAJORTOM

MAJORTOM Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2006
    At work as usual
    Well done Christian! When does he get to do the product testing? Pics will be a must!

9. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.

We hope to do some product testing soon and don't worry, dad will be standing there with a camera :D

10. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    You certainly make nice stuff. :cheers:

11. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    Johhny,
    If you could put together a package of jigs for Walleye and Bass, I'll take them with me in May to Canada. Just give me a pm and let me know what I owe ya. Thank You Sir!!!

12. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.

I really have no idea as to what would work up there but I could get with some pro staff up that way and find out. It would sure be easier if you went to the website www.megachomplureco.com and picked them out. When your done, click on your cart then view cart and enter coupon code Mega20 for a 20% discount! Coupon expires on the 21st but we will run one again as soon as we get our new site, can't wait :D

The crappie/panfish jigs on our site can be done in 1/4oz (not shown on our site) you'd just need to message me here or call the # listed on the site to get that changed.

Thanks!!

13. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    Thanks Johnny! PM at ya!

14. steammkr

steammkr Member

Nov 11, 2002
    st.charles mo.
    Johnny do you make lures for lake norfork stripers ???
    going there in July
    Thanks
    Steve
    PM me if need to

15. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.

I know nothing about this striper fishing you speak of. Unless they like buzz baits and inline spinners, we wouldn't have anything that would work. Our BHO spinnerbaits will catch anything but the wires would be way to light for stripers.

You might check with some bait shops around that area and see what works and if we can build anything for you, we will!

16. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.
    Update on Christian's jig!
    We have a staffer that fishes for Southwest Oklahoma State University that has made it into Nationals and Christian's jig helped put him there! Hopefully he will make it all the way to the Forest Wood Cup.
    2 weeks after fishing his way into Nationals, he won the last collegiate event of the season on the same jig! 2nd place was won on one of my BHO spinnerbaits!
    Pretty sweet to have my baits go 1 and 2 in a tournament but we're really excited about Christians Jig. I'll have to take him to the Cup if our angler makes it that far.