Jerky shooter??

Discussion in 'Just Good Food' started by archer66, Oct 29, 2010.

1. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    My inlaws bought me a jerkey shooter and an Oster dehydrator for Christmas last year. I've never used it...always use sliced meat for jerky but.....

A few minutes ago I was digging around in the freezer after I locked my keys in my truck...figured since I can't do what I'd planned to do I'd just cook some dinner for tonight. ANYWAY....in my search for a nice package of steaks I happened across 4 pounds of ground deer from last years buck that I thought I'd eaten.

I've got it thawing and thought I'd give this jerky shooter a try. I wonder if I mix my normal marinade for deer jerky with the deer burger and add a couple pounds of lean ground beef if the end result will be edible?

My list of ingredients for marinade is:

2 cups soy sauce
    1/2 cup worchestershire sauce
    2 tsp accent
    2 tsp salt
    2/3 tsp garlic powder
    2 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp black pepper
    2 tsp liquid smoke

Too much liquid or will it work???

2. ad870

ad870 New Member

Oct 11, 2006
    NE Arkansas
    Not sure...I have always used the High Mtn. Seasoning mix...I would suggest that you go and get some but I guess you won't be doing that.

Hope it turns out good.

3. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    it is a little too much liquid. I use that same marinade on my whole muscle jerkey, and tried it on ground meat and it wouldnt hardly stay together

4. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    [rquote=1869851&tid=130166&author=MellerAM]it is a little too much liquid. I use that same marinade on my whole muscle jerkey, and tried it on ground meat and it wouldnt hardly stay together[/rquote]

Thanks that's what I was afraid of...I'll just wait and buy some in town tonight.

5. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Get the high mountain. They will tell you on the package how many pounds of burger you need. I have done it with straight deer burger and it turned out very good.

6. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

[rquote=1870012&tid=130166&author=DADAKOTA]Get the high mountain. They will tell you on the package how many pounds of burger you need. I have done it with straight deer burger and it turned out very good.[/rquote]

Ditto! I like the Cajun, and Black Pepper varieties!!:cheers::wave: