Jefferson county

Discussion in 'Missouri Outdoor News' started by hazelvillebucks, Dec 9, 2016.

1. hazelvillebucks

hazelvillebucks Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2014
    It appears the first positive result for cwd his year was gotten back today.The county is supposed to be Jefferson. i checked the M.D.C. web sight and there is no confirmation on it at this time.
    The web site shows that 5611 out of 20,303 had came back negative.The TOTAL NUMBER TO BE TESTED WILL RISE AS THE SEASON PROGRESS AND THE TAXIDERMY SAMPLES ARE SENT IN.
    THE NEWS STATEWIDE OUT OF THE CWD ZONES HAVE 716 TESTING NEGATIVE OUT OF 967 TOTAL SO FAR. IF THOSE RESULTS HOLD UP IT MIGHT BE GOOD NEWS FOR THE SOUTHERN COUNTIES NEXT TO ARKANSAS.

2. Bob_Veala

Bob_Veala Member

Mar 12, 2016
    It's like the Ash Boar, you can't do anything about it.

3. wiser1

wiser1 Trash Picker

Apr 15, 2013
    Jefferson county
    That not good news ,,,thats in my woods ,,,,

4. hazelvillebucks

Oct 28, 2014
    I AM SURPRISED THAT ANOTHER SHOWED UP IN YOUR AREA. THE STRONG SAMPLING IN THE 28 COUNTIES WILL SHOW US WHERE WE STAND AT LEAST.WE ARE NOW IN YEAR SIX AND AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED THERE SHOULD OF BEEN A PLAN B IN YEAR ONE. I DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY SAMPLES THEY ARE GETTING FROM WHERE CWD IS IN HIGH CONCENTRATIONS WITHIN 10 MILE OF OUR SOUTHERN BORDER but the results so far i guess are encouraging.There are still a lot of results to come in.

5. wiser1

wiser1 Trash Picker

Apr 15, 2013
    Jefferson county
    Where did you hear this on jeff county ? ........There is very little sampling in southern mo ......like 200 over a 14 year period per county for an avg of 14-15 per year

6. DonJuan

DonJuan Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2012
    S.E. Mo.
    Just wait to flounder sees this!

7. bajabill

bajabill BDR529

Feb 16, 2012
    East Central MO
    What am I missing

8. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    The sky Is falling.

9. huntinmo

huntinmo Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Jefferson County
    This ^^^^ :pop:

10. Modeerhunter

Modeerhunter New Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Gasconade County
    I'm pretty sure that is the Ash Borer. :wave:

11. hazelvillebucks

Oct 28, 2014
    I SURE DO NOT WANT TO SREAD FALSE INFORMATION so i can only say that a positive for cwd came in friday. the positive was not from the northern area that i live in. i did check and Jefferson is one of the watch counties that had mandatory check in the first 2 days of rifle season.
    i do not recall the names of all the southern Missouri counties but they are doing increased checking for cwd on a number of the counties bordering Arkansas. Probably having testing available at meet processors and have taxidermist taking the sample like they did here. THEY ARE ASKING PEOPLE TO HAVE THERE DEER CHECKED.
    i do not think Arkansas has yet been able to determine the spread of cwd , the initial area was showing close to 25 percent positive. more than one county bordering Missouri has had positives within 25 miles of the border , one 10 miles away.
    to whomever it was that mentioned the ash borer, i would think a better understanding of the bug that is attacking the red oak might be a i feel lucky place to start collecting information that could/ might lead to a cwd break thru. could be that bug and cwd arrived about the same time.one thing is for sure answers will not be found if they are not looked for.

12. Starting a thread titled "Jefferson County" and then following it with a post about a positive CWD test coming back but not confirming it's Jefferson County would probably be classified as spreading false information.

13. hazelvillebucks

Oct 28, 2014
    yes it could be ugly, in this case it is best to wait and see where the positive pops up at . i believe it is where i said but not 100 percent confident that i have not gotten it wrong.The mdc sight will update soon.

14. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Look over here....but don't look over here but look over there....but don't look over there. Crying wolf in the middle of a herd of sheep is not a good thing unless there really is a wolf.

I'm not believing anything I read on any website other than one from the MDC....period.

15. wiser1

wiser1 Trash Picker

Apr 15, 2013
    Jefferson county
    And sometimes you cant believe the koolaid is koolaid :rolleyes:

16. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I think I will wait for official reports of numbers and locations.

17. hazelvillebucks

Oct 28, 2014
    it is time for you to check the updated mdc website then. the first positive this year is southern Jefferson county

18. wiser1

wiser1 Trash Picker

Apr 15, 2013
    Jefferson county
    Anyone know of any deer farms in that area ? ,,,,I dont know of any ,,,,,,

19. jewilliams

jewilliams Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    SEMO.
    The only one I know of is by Bismarck. That one would be about 25 to 30 miles away.

20. fstchkn

fstchkn Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Sure you can, you cut down every ash tree in the area.