Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if anyone has posted this, but I got it in an e-mail today w/ this story.

Jefferson, Iowa. The story of the first picture is the shed on the left is actually not chewed up. The pics off this deer in velvet that year showed the left side turn black and seem to rot off. It was weird, must of had an injury to of some sort. It was cool the land owner had pics that documented it. It was on the protection list last year. As for this year the pics speak for themselves. The land owner actually passed this deer last year due to the left side. His niece winds up shooting it this year.

·
Under appreciated
88,251 Posts
Golly.. thick as a brick. wowza :eek:

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,888 Posts
Great deer there.....:2thumbsup:

·
11,357 Posts
True story!! I was hunting 2 1/2 miles from this last week when it was killed. Here is what I was told about the deer. The guy did pass the deer due to the one side being messed up. They found the sheds as you can see. He also has trail cam pictures of the deer this past year. The owner of the land wouldn't let his own brother trap on the land in fear that the deer might get pushed out.

As far as the kill goes, I was told that his neice shot the deer in the leg and then another guy killed it. Most the pictures show his niece holding it so I would say she is claiming it as hers. I don't blame her one bit!! :dancin::dancin: I was told that it will score around 240" non-typical and will be around 214" typical. I haven't seen it in person, but that is what the locals were saying

The land I was hunting was a couple thousand acres that was north of where this deer was killed.

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
Originally posted by DForbis
True story!! I was hunting 2 1/2 miles from this last week when it was killed. Here is what I was told about the deer. The guy did pass the deer due to the one side being messed up. They found the sheds as you can see. He also has trail cam pictures of the deer this past year. The owner of the land wouldn't let his own brother trap on the land in fear that the deer might get pushed out.

As far as the kill goes, I was told that his neice shot the deer in the leg and then another guy killed it. Most the pictures show his niece holding it so I would say she is claiming it as hers. I don't blame her one bit!! :dancin::dancin: I was told that it will score around 240" non-typical and will be around 214" typical. I haven't seen it in person, but that is what the locals were saying

The land I was hunting was a couple thousand acres that was north of where this deer was killed.
"will be around 214" typical"...???? I can't see the pic here at work, but 214 typical would make it a new world record!!!

·
11,357 Posts
I said the same thing!! That was what they were saying, but I can't verify if it was heresay or actual measurements.:thinking::thinking: There is no doubt that it is a giant. You should take a look when you get the chance.

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
I said the same thing!! That was what they were saying, but I can't verify if it was heresay or actual measurements.:thinking::thinking: There is no doubt that it is a giant. You should take a look when you get the chance.
I'll have to check it out when I get home...If it's that big, it'll be on Trophy Watch soon enuff as well!!!:cheers:

·
11,357 Posts
Yeah I hadn't thought of that. I have different pic than those shown here that was sent to me last week when I was in IA. It was taken from a cell phone so it isn't as good as those pics.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
I'll have to check it out when I get home...If it's that big, it'll be on Trophy Watch soon enuff as well!!!:cheers:
7th one down on trophy watch.

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
Yup, just looked, it's on Trophy Watch, but no details just yet!!!!

DANG!!!!!!!:rock:

·
11,357 Posts
I just wish that he would have moved 2 1/2 miles north where I was last week. So close, but yet so far away!! LOL:boohoo::boohoo::whistle:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts