Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing better than a nice Bass! Congrats to the new State Record holder!!! :cheers:

JASPER COUNTY ANGLER BREAKS 32-YEAR HYBRID BASS RECORD

News from the region:
Statewide
Jill Pritchard
Jun 06, 2019
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) announces that Cesar Rodriguez of Carthage is now the state record-holder for hybrid striped bass after catching a 21-pound, 11-ounce fish at Lake of the Ozarks May 19. Rodriguez used the pole-and-line method.

Though the fish breaks Missouri's previous hybrid striped bass record of a 20-pound, 8-ounce fish, set in 1986 at the Lake of the Ozarks, Rodriguez wasn't that surprised when he reeled in the bass.

"It was just a normal day out fishing," Rodriguez said. "Last year I caught a 24-pound hybrid in Oklahoma, but I couldn't find a game warden to confirm it. So, this catch didn't come as a surprise that it was a record-breaker."

The fish's weight was verified on a certified scale at MDC's Roaring River Hatchery in Cassville. The hybrid striped bass is the sixth state-record fish caught this year.

Rodriguez mounted his prize fish, and said he is planning to catch another that will top his even-larger Oklahoma catch.

Missouri state-record fish are recognized in two categories: pole-and-line and alternative methods. Alternative methods include: throwlines, trotlines, limb lines, bank lines, jug lines, spearfishing, snagging, snaring, gigging, grabbing, archery, and atlatl. For more information on state-record fish, visit the MDC website at https://short.mdc.mo.gov/Zxr.

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Cesar Rodriguez of Carthage shows off his state-record 21-pound, 11-ounce hybrid striped bass caught at Lake of the Ozarks May 19.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Its not a trotline catch , but not bad.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Render unto ceasar the things that are ceasars. Turns out one of those things was a record fish. :eek:

15,013 Posts
I caught a 16lb a while back. Cruising down the lake and depth finder all of a suden went crazy, showed lots of big objects 20 foot down in 35 foot of water. Put the brakes on and grabbed a rod with a jig on it, dropped it down and WHAM.... thing is I grabbed my ultra light with 6lb line. Started the motor and followed it around for a while, I would reel some in and it would take it back out. lots of fun...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.