Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Lets hope we dont have a 4th record low year in a row.

15,013 Posts
what I got out of this is, good weather equals higher poult production and higher harvest, that is about it. And this guy gets paid, How Much?

Reactions: Hawk

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I dont think they know yet. Its a combination of things that they cant predict whats happening for sure.

1,533 Posts
Looks like that's ones biologist who says predators are a factor. Says they are the number one reason for the loss of nests. Another thing I took from that is that ADTH will not be implemented until they see how the next years hatch will be. Does that mean ADTH has an affect on the population? That's what I took from it otherwise they wouldn't of worried about the success rate in relationship to ADTH.

Reactions: henry

· Banned
66,381 Posts
what I got out of this is, good weather equals higher poult production and higher harvest, that is about it.
Thats it

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Same old same old....

Production is the issue
Predators have always been here
All day hunting is coming SOON
Weather weather weather
Flooding in May doesnt mean bad hatch
WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER!!!!!!!

· Registered
21,443 Posts
Looks like that's ones biologist who says predators are a factor. Says they are the number one reason for the loss of nests. Another thing I took from that is that ADTH will not be implemented until they see how the next years hatch will be. Does that mean ADTH has an affect on the population? That's what I took from it otherwise they wouldn't of worried about the success rate in relationship to ADTH.
It appears he is saying ADTH won't impact numbers much. Otherwise they wouldn't even be considering implementing it after the recent downward trend.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Predators have been a factor since the beginning of time. Its called a predator prey relationship for a reason.

ADTH and wanting better production isnt about populations, its about hearing complaints from hunters that dont want it and being able to say "production looks better" l. It is 100% political.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Im not sure how much say Jason will have in ADTH now that hes the deer manager and not the turkey manager.

· Banned
66,381 Posts

· Registered
14,419 Posts
NO, he didnt, and he is not the turkey biologist anymore.
what an easy job that would be....goodness. Write one news letter that says hunting will be tough because of previous bad hatches and then continuously say the weather is the only thing that impacts turkey numbers. Why do we need a biologist if we are just at the mercy of mother nature?

· Banned
66,381 Posts
what an easy job that would be....goodness. Write one news letter that says hunting will be tough because of previous bad hatches and then continuously say the weather is the only thing that impacts turkey numbers. Why do we need a biologist if we are just at the mercy of mother nature?
Do you honestly believe its that easy?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.