Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well fri will find my son and i headed up to north central Missouri for the second Youth Hunt. he struck out last Oct but i'm hoping the deer gods shine on us this weekend. of course heading to north central MO opposed to Petosi MO where we where on holoween should help. :2thumbsup:
or at very least not hurt!

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
bundle up good and god luck:cheers:

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
good luck. Dont forget a small portable heater. The warmer you can keep him the onger you all can stay out and the increased chance of seeing a deer.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
Good luck, be safe & keep warm! :wave:

Let us know how things go......hopefully you'll have some :kewlpics: to post up!

·
Strutt Buster
5,927 Posts
This maybe a dumb question, but are they allowed to take a buck? or is it does only? Oh, hope ya bag one, and stay warm!!!!

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok, we were in north central Missouri in Knoxs Co, and it was dang cold. the Truck reading was -8, don't know how accurate that was but i can garantee it was well below Zero.
we worked all day, froze our rears off, and just as we were done for the day we catch a glimps of this little guy feeding at the tree line about 120 yrds out. we were standing in the middle f the field, waited for this little guy to present himself and after waiting for the right moment and using a makeshift rest, my son let one off at about 100 yrds out or a wisker more. he arched slightly and went striaght down, did not move an inch. all this while we were standing in the middle of a field with no where to hide and dang cold. we started about 6:30 this morning and finished at 1:30 pm. had a couple breaks to warm up but withstood the cold for the most part all morning. :cheers:
[file]87696[/file]

·
Under appreciated
91,782 Posts
Mega congrats. Daggum, thats a youth day you'll both not forget anytime soon. :eek:::eek::

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
:eek:::cheers:

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[rquote=1536538&tid=106804&author=shedhunter]i thought it was does only...[/rquote]

from the MDC:

Late youth portion:
Youth can take deer according to the permits they hold, however:
only one antlered deer may be taken during the entire firearms deer season. So if the youth has already taken one antlered deer during one of the other portions of the firearms deer season, he or she may not take another during this portion.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.