Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seeing any?

Just seems lots of Big Old Toms getting blasted.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin an't seen any Jakes,Jims,Joes,or Jeans.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I haven't seen as many as I normally do! Of course I haven't been hunting in the places I normally do either.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
I had a jake working me opening morning... :fart:

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
I busted one that had had 3 buddies with him..., but I found a pile of feathers, empty shotgun shell, so I think there went another one, and I'm pretty sure one got roost shot :mad:(heard a shot at 6am and talked to a guy who said he called and shot a jake)
its seems weird but for some reason another area I am hunting has 3 jakes that roost gobble like crazy but go the other way when they hear a call. think they got their butt whooped by the big tom that is henned up like crazy.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
i have been seeing plenty not since season so much but before were i hunt up north not worried about next years chances any way

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have heard through the grape vine that last years #'s of kills were down a little and this past winter was so mild that there are a lot of older birds to be had this year. Not sure if it is true or not, just what I have been hearing. I have a small group of jakes where I hunt that I can't seem to shake. They will come right in to my set up, but every tom I have seen has been with a hen or two and will not leave them for nothin'. Anyway, it has only begun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.