Jakes??

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by oneshot 1, Apr 29, 2006.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Anyone seeing any?

Just seems lots of Big Old Toms getting blasted.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin an't seen any Jakes,Jims,Joes,or Jeans.

2. Goldtip

Goldtip New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Santa Fe MO
    I haven't seen as many as I normally do! Of course I haven't been hunting in the places I normally do either.

3. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    I had a jake working me opening morning... :fart:

4. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    I busted one that had had 3 buddies with him..., but I found a pile of feathers, empty shotgun shell, so I think there went another one, and I'm pretty sure one got roost shot :mad:(heard a shot at 6am and talked to a guy who said he called and shot a jake)
    its seems weird but for some reason another area I am hunting has 3 jakes that roost gobble like crazy but go the other way when they hear a call. think they got their butt whooped by the big tom that is henned up like crazy.

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I've seen a group of 3 opening morning, then 2 on a different farm on tuesday.

6. buckbuster14

buckbuster14 New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Moberly, Missouri
    Actually thats all we saw today. they were so close that wen we shot we shot low and missed them. we had a pretty crapy day.

7. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    i have been seeing plenty not since season so much but before were i hunt up north not worried about next years chances any way

8. I have heard through the grape vine that last years #'s of kills were down a little and this past winter was so mild that there are a lot of older birds to be had this year. Not sure if it is true or not, just what I have been hearing. I have a small group of jakes where I hunt that I can't seem to shake. They will come right in to my set up, but every tom I have seen has been with a hen or two and will not leave them for nothin'. Anyway, it has only begun!