Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was bound to happen sooner or later, the kid missed his 1st gobbler, i called him right up to 20-25 yards, he was gobbling good, but looped around instead of holding his course....he stopped right in line with 2-3 small samplings protecting his head and neck, 2 steps either way and it wqas a layup...instead he periscoped his head and wanted to see that sultry hen!!! Jax tried the lean around and shoot as it was going away, bad plan! We were able to get him going 2 more times and maybe 60-75 yards just below our site line! Welcome to the show!

·
Under appreciated
86,795 Posts
It happens. I rushed a shot a few years ago like that and still think about it. It happens.

Reactions: 20'

·
1,127 Posts
This weekend I belly crawled 150+ yards with my fan in one hand and my gun in the other only to miss a 40 yard shot. Lesson learned but sure was excited to chase him crawling as he was gobbling and strutting. Didn't give my self time to put on a steady shot when I had all the time in the world when he found a shady spot on the edge of the field and was waiting on me to catch up.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,222 Posts
Misses on tough years sting more . They teach us a lot though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts