Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I buy a $1600 (approx) steering kit that I was told would be for my tractor exactly. When I pay this much for a steering kit, I expect it to go exactly as described. So I order the kit after they told me it would fit with no issues. First, the kit was missing parts that was supposed to be included, second the steering column does not fit exactly to the tractor like they said. There are bolt holes on each side of the steering column that is supposed to hold the hood and body of the tractor but there is nothing there to hold it on the new column like the old one. I attempted to message him about all these issues and he said that he has never had any issues even though he admitted to forgetting to send some parts on the first time. Now they expect us to take this to a tractor mechanic which will probably cost another $500 to $600 if not more to install it. But how can they install something that does not fit the actual tractor exactly as described when they sold it. When I discuss returning, he deflected saying it would work perfectly if it is installed correctly and that it was not eligible for return. But he says on his site that it is easy.... Given that he already didn't send all the parts the first time and no where in his instructions does he discuss the bolts that are bolted to the original steering box. The new steering box has no mounts to allow the hood (see pictures) and body to connect to the steering box. I have continued to reach out and he continues to tell me to take it to a mechanic and he refuses to return the kit and does want to pay to have it taken to a mechanic even though his site says about installation "A step by step, descriptive instruction manual with detailed pictures is provided to make the installation process enjoyable and trouble-free" HA! Not so. Also when you review the webpage, it shows pictures of the kits. When I bought mine for the tractor, I was told I had to buy more parts, when the pictures on the website show the exact parts I needed to buy was sold as a kit! But I was still charged full price. If you are going to charge full price, I would expect to be given all the parts as shown on the website. Should you happen to know anyone looking to buy such a kit from Jackson Power Steering they should think twice.

Attachments

· Registered
32,993 Posts
Assuming this is a business and not a side job type of deal? Turn him into the BBB.

· Grrrrrrr
30,190 Posts
Any chance you paid for it with a credit card? If so you can possibly dispute the charge based on false advertising and having not received what you paid for.

· Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The worst part is the business is claiming that I installed the item or modified it when no such thing has been done. He claimed that I installed the hoses backwards when I haven't even broken the seals on the steering unit. As you can see in the pictures, I had began to start trying to break down my tractor, when I noticed there were some issues with the new unit. When I reached out to him, he wanted to deflect and not take any responsibilities for his product. He claims that I did not give him the right model of tractor and he had to change things. But in the reply he posted on the BBB page he claims that all of his steering kits have patterns and all the kit's patterns are the same. If that was so, why would he charge more for a NAA tractor vs 8N tractor? He continues to say things that have not happened with me so I can only assume other customers are having the same service problems with him. I have emails and replies to the reviews on BBB to supplement these things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.