I've all but given up

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by nastyjack63, Nov 6, 2010.

1. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    looks like my early bow season is done. I was hoping to get a hunt in last night and my pager went off at 6 pm so I had to crawl down and head in. Got called this morning early and have to go in at 3 this afternoon and work till 6 tomorrow morning. Maybe will get to hunt 1 last time sunday evening, if the pager will just stay quite. :whiteflag:

2. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Well that blows.

3. nastyjack63

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    [rquote=1882755&tid=131121&author=pinwheel]Well that blows. [/rquote]I think there is some sort of diabolical plan from the guys at work. I can go all year w/o getting paged then when the hunting gets good look out. :thinking:

4. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    If it makes ya feel any better, I'll do enough hunting for both of us in the next 8 days.:D

5. nastyjack63

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    [rquote=1882763&tid=131121&author=pinwheel]If it makes ya feel any better, I'll do enough hunting for both of us in the next 8 days.:D[/rquote]Man that helps a lot. :stickfight:

6. txcobowhunter

txcobowhunter Deer Gear Collecter

Oct 5, 2008
    Texas County
    Sounds like it's time for the dead batterie syndrome to hit the pager. Just sayin. I know how you feel. I had just climbed in the stand the other day and work called my cell phone. Some jobs you are never considered off the clock, and mine is one of those. Don't give up, hunt every chance you get, and enjoy it.

7. Monofletch

Monofletch Senior Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Midwest
    I told my boss- "If you want me to work my day off tell me the day before! Don't bother calling in the morning." But, I sign up for overtime.

8. scooter

scooter New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Brashear
    [rquote=1882763&tid=131121&author=pinwheel]If it makes ya feel any better, I'll do enough hunting for both of us in the next 8 days.:D[/rquote] That makes two of us!! Glad I can help out...

9. HabitatMD

HabitatMD Active Member

Jan 4, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo
    If it makes you feel any better Jack, here I sit at work as I type this. :whinging: