Its on!!!

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by wolf44, Nov 4, 2010.

1. wolf44

wolf44 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I was out yesterday in the wind and about 4:15 my buddy that I'm hunting with calls me on the radio to tell me that he just had a 170" 10 run right under his stand, I'm 100yds away. Said he didn't hear a thing until the doe he was chasin was 5 yds away and by the time he saw the buck, got his bow off the hook and got his release on they were 40yds past and getting further away. Said there was a train of about 4 bucks behind the big guy. :eek:This guys is a very seasoned hunter and we've got some good pics of some solid 10's and he said this guy was much bigger than anything we have pics of. He was audibly shaken, kind of one of those "I can't believe that just happened" sounds.

Them big boys are houndin does and movin in daylight!!!

2. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    I hope that catches on in my neck o' the woods right quick, all our mature buck pics and sightings are in the dark or at last light still. :mad2:

3. Hannibal Bowhunter

Hannibal Bowhunter Active Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Hannibal, MO
    [rquote=1879922&tid=130933&author=wolf44]I was out yesterday in the wind and about 4:15 my buddy that I'm hunting with calls me on the radio to tell me that he just had a 170" 10 run right under his stand, I'm 100yds away. Said he didn't hear a thing until the doe he was chasin was 5 yds away and by the time he saw the buck, got his bow off the hook and got his release on they were 40yds past and getting further away. Said there was a train of about 4 bucks behind the big guy. :eek:This guys is a very seasoned hunter and we've got some good pics of some solid 10's and he said this guy was much bigger than anything we have pics of. He was audibly shaken, kind of one of those "I can't believe that just happened" sounds.

Them big boys are houndin does and movin in daylight!!![/rquote]

That is why we all take vacation this time of year. Can't wait until tomorrow - I will be in the woods for the next 3 days!

4. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    [rquote=1879933&tid=130933&author=Hannibal Bowhunter][rquote=1879922&tid=130933&author=wolf44]I was out yesterday in the wind and about 4:15 my buddy that I'm hunting with calls me on the radio to tell me that he just had a 170" 10 run right under his stand, I'm 100yds away. Said he didn't hear a thing until the doe he was chasin was 5 yds away and by the time he saw the buck, got his bow off the hook and got his release on they were 40yds past and getting further away. Said there was a train of about 4 bucks behind the big guy. :eek:This guys is a very seasoned hunter and we've got some good pics of some solid 10's and he said this guy was much bigger than anything we have pics of. He was audibly shaken, kind of one of those "I can't believe that just happened" sounds.

Them big boys are houndin does and movin in daylight!!![/rquote]

That is why we all take vacation this time of year. Can't wait until tomorrow - I will be in the woods for the next 3 days![/rquote]

Same here headed North after work

5. wolf44

wolf44 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    tomorrow afternoon on, i'm in the woods!!!

6. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    Why do I have to be here at work????

7. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I might have to just start working earlier in the day. :thinking:

8. MajorWyss

MajorWyss New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Audrain
    I can't wait to scout over the weekend! I just hope all this chasing and running is still on big time when the 13th hits!

9. moby71974

moby71974 New Member

Sep 29, 2010
    HOLTS SUMMIT,MO.
    AFTER TOMORROW OFF TILL 11-15 HOPE TO DO GOOD & POST PICTURES.

10. mag1

mag1 New Member

tues. morning i watched a big buck chase a doe for 45min, funny thing is he would stop to breath and she would run back over to him to make him chase her again

11. Cedar Thicket

Cedar Thicket Blonde Bearded Guy

Ill be out the front door at 3am tomorrow hitting the road..........good luck everyone, should be eventful!!!

12. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

[rquote=1880169&tid=130933&author=mag1]tues. morning i watched a big buck chase a doe for 45min, funny thing is he would stop to breath and she would run back over to him to make him chase her again[/rquote]
    Sadie Hawkins day?:D

13. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    Awesome best of luck Dan! Seems I have seen every 1-2.5 on our propeties and a couple 34, surer would to pick the right place and meet an o
    lder class buck

14. KCCyclone

KCCyclone New Member

Dec 7, 2006
    KCMO
    Quick question......I thought radios were illegal to use in MO. Is this not the case?

Sorry to jack the thread, but just curious. We'll be in stand tomorrow and hope to see the big boys running as well! Good luck out there!

15. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    [rquote=1880286&tid=130933&author=KCCyclone]Quick question......I thought radios were illegal to use in MO. Is this not the case?

Sorry to jack the thread, but just curious. We'll be in stand tomorrow and hope to see the big boys running as well! Good luck out there![/rquote]

I know in I'll they are, doidnt t
    Hink momo?

16. gentleben

gentleben Active Member

Sep 9, 2010
    STL
    tick, tock, tick, tock...I'm leaving in about an hour and a half. Come on clock, can't you move any faster. Please?? I have deer to kill.

17. bigm

bigm New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Columbia Mo.
    My brother in law said he saw 6 bucks this morning none of them shooters) working scrapes like crazy, throwing dirt on the base of his tree. I mean MY tree. 6pm Friday can't come fast enough as I'm headed to NE Missouri for 9 days.:D:claphands:

18. wolf44

wolf44 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    its illegal to use radios to locate, find, track deer. we use them to keep in touch while we're out mainly for safety as neither of us have cell service where we hunt.
    I believe it would have been illegal if he would have said "big buck just ran over here heading this way"
    I'll see if I can find it in the reg...someone tell me if I'm wrong before I find it:D

19. wolf44

wolf44 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    actually couldnt' find anything on it...hmm

20. BILLYGOAT

BILLYGOAT New Member

does one deer chasing a doe really mean "its on"??we did our deer survey they other night seen lots of deer watched 2 bucks fight and seen lots of bucks and does in fields togeather with no chassing.did see one little buck chasing a doe through a field this morning while doing my rounds but its not on yet